Janice & Robert
Q & A with the Bride:
1. What was the one thing about your venue that made you know it was the one?
Planning a destination wedding makes finding a venue so tricky because you can’t always see the places firsthand. However, we already had the idea of an Irish castle in mind — paying homage to Robert’s Irish ancestry and my fairy tale fantasy — so once we searched the web it was quite obvious which to choose. Adare Manor is rated as a 5-star hotel, and the grand stature was immediately appealing. I could easily tell just by looking at the website that this was the castle I had always imagined! I would say the appearance itself is what sold me on choosing Adare as my venue.
2. Which four details from your wedding were your favorites?
1. The Irish dancers were the perfect form of entertainment for my wedding. They were so captivating, and they had the whole crowd entranced. I’m beyond thrilled that we chose to hire them!
2. The ceremony site I chose was another of my favorite details, despite the fact that we were getting married at a castle, I wanted the ceremony site to be natural and understated, so the focus was on the beauty of the unity. We chose to get married beneath two oak trees, which are symbolic in Irish Culture for truth, stability, and longevity. I loved the way the florist strung ropes of roses from the branches of the oak trees. It was perfect.
3. The centerpieces were beyond exquisite, and I can’t praise them enough. The florist alternated between tall glass vases and bird cages filled with blush and white flowers. The green amaranthus added the perfect touch of whimsical, which contributed to my enchanted forest theme, bringing the outdoors in.
4. My wedding photographers were one of my favorite aspects because they captured every moment just as I remember it and even many moments I didn’t have the chance to see. I have a new addiction and it’s looking through my wedding album! Looks like I’m not the only one because I’ve caught Robert in his office entranced by the wedding pictures instead of working! Sure, you could say that any camera could have captured the day, but that would be far from the truth. The B. Mello team was creative, attentive and professional. I will cherish the images for the rest of my life.
3. Give us the one moment in your wedding you can’t stop thinking about.
Every aspect of my wedding was spectacular and picking just one moment is so hard! I think the greatest moment for me was walking outside with my bridesmaids anticipating the hotel shuttle being out front to take us to the ceremony site, and being totally surprised with a horse drawn carriage! This was the one detail that I didn’t plan and when my wedding planner presented me with the option, I declined to keep the budget in check. I didn’t even consult my groom about it. Robert has a hard time surprising me for one of two reasons: either I pester him until he tells me, or he gets way too excited and spills the beans prematurely. But he pulled this one off and it was so special, It brought me to tears.