Charla & Chris
Johns Island, South Carolina
Q & A with the Bride:
1. What was the one thing about your venue that made you know it was the one?
Chris and I love the water and go out on the boat every weekend when it’s warm. On the water one afternoon, we noticed a wedding at the Island House. We knew immediately that it was the place. Our engagements as well as many other memories have been made on the Stono River. The location was not only gorgeous, but represented who we are as a couple.
2. Which three details from your wedding were your favorites?
1. 1920s style clothing – Everyone including my guests wore 1920s-inspired clothing. It was not only fun picking out my wedding dress and what my wedding party would wear, but it also made it fun for my guests as well. Involving everyone brought a special feel and uniqueness that made our wedding special.
2. Invitations- Our invitations were art deco, and the inlay of the envelopes had an imprint with our names. We hired a calligrapher to make it even more authentic and bought awesome 1920s style stamps from Zazzle.
3. 1920s decor- I bought a working phonograph that winds and plays actual records from the 1920s along with 1920s sheet music that I used as decor. My even planner Stephanie even made cool chandeliers out of them!
3. Give us the one moment from your wedding you can’t stop thinking about.
My dad walking me down the aisle was a moment that I will never forget. We bought top hats for all of the guys to wear. I didn’t want the guys to wear them during the ceremony because I knew I couldn’t take Chris seriously. Last minute, I asked my dad to wear his. It looked great on him, and in a way, it was as if he was giving Chris and the rest of the groomsmen permission to wear theirs.