Emily & Allan
Q & A with the Bride:
1. What was the one thing about your venue that made you know it was the one?
It was so unique and had beautiful vintage decor. It’s in a very old, historical building in downtown Sacramento. The Metropolitan Ballroom, which is where we held the reception, is on the 7th floor, and has an amazing view of the state capital. I always imagined having an outdoor wedding, but I had trouble finding the right venue in the Sacramento area. We actually went to The Citizen randomly on our way to look at another venue, and we just fell in love with it. It really fit our vintage theme, and it was great to be able to have the wedding party and our families all staying in the same place where the event took place.
2. Which three details from your wedding were your favorites?
1. The vintage vignette that served as the guestbook table and featured the escort cards that was outside the entrance of the ballroom. The details were just so amazing, and it was inspired by 1920s-30s era travel and also by the Indiana Jones and Jungle Cruise ride in Disneyland! We love Disneyland, and I love going through the lines in those rides because the details are so fun and old-fashioned. I also loved the escort cards; they were luggage tags with skeleton keys. I stamped guest’s names on the tags with a typewriter font stamp set and then tied on the skeleton keys. My bridesman, Ray, (my best friend, who in was in my wedding party, helped me with them, and it was a lot of work, but I love that it was a personal touch and something that I got to do with my best friend.
2. The cake and dessert table because I really wanted a lot of different cakes and desserts. I loved all of the different cake stands, and the vintage books that were on the table.
3. The floral arrangements were amazing and Bob, my florist, did such an amazing job with my my bouquet and my bridal party’s bouquets. I really loved all of the centerpieces, and he went beyond floral arrangements and created beautiful vintage table tops.
3. Give us the one moment from your wedding that you cannot stop thinking about.
Allan’s daughter, Amalia, and my niece, Paige, who were our flower girls, surprised us with a choreographed dance to Justin Bieber’s “Never Say Never.” It was so amazing, and they had been working on it for a month. We had no idea that they were planning on performing at the wedding! I was so proud of them because they did such a great job memorizing the moves, and they were so brave to perform in front of over 100 people! I was a cheerleader in high school, and loved choreographing dances so it was so neat to see the two of them doing something I love so well! It was just such a fun surprise and everybody loved it!