It seems these days that people are getting save the dates in the mail almost weekly, and you don't want yours to get lost amongst the others. So what can you do to set your save the dates apart from the rest? With a little creativity, there are a ton of fun options out there for save the dates. Some of them may be expensive, but not all of them have to be, and some of these you could even do a DIY version of!
1. SCRATCH OFF – I love the idea of a scratch off save the date. . .it is similar to a lottery scratch off ticket, and is an interactive way to tell your guests when your wedding date it!
2. LUGGAGE TAG – What a great idea for a destination wedding! This save the date doubles as a luggage tag, and is a cute way to announce your pending nuptials.
3. PUZZLE – This is another interactive save the date. To find out all the details, guests will have to solve the puzzle.
1. DOVE CHOCOLATE – Dove Chocolate can customize wrappers to say your message. I think this is such a great, unique way to announce your wedding. . .and I'm sure recipients will appreciate the free chocolate!
1. AIRLINE TICKET – This is another great idea for a destination wedding. The save the date is printed to look like an airline ticket, definitely gets creativity points!
2. HANDKERCHIEF – I love this idea for a country themed wedding, it is a dainty way to announce your wedding, and helps set the tone for your theme.
3. BOOKMARK – Everybody loves a good book, and we all need bookmarks! Guests will be reminded of your impending wedding every time they open their favorite book.
1. DISH TOWEL – I love this idea! It may be a little pricey, but I think you could easily create this as a DIY project!
2. BABY PICS – This is a little more of a standard save the date, but I love the 3D elements of the ribbon and baby pictures, and it's more fun then a standard engagement photo!
As you can see, there are definitely some unique save the date ideas out there. There is also the standard, but of course practical, magnet options and sticker online pharmacy options for your calendar.
So what was the most unique save the date that I found?
That would be Erica and Sam's 164 Days until they tie the knot save the date. This New York couple came up with a very creative save the date, comprised off laughs and lots of TMI. This is a cute, although time consuming way to share a little information about yourselves as a couple with your friends and family. To read the entire save the date card click here.