By: Leeor Pilo
Ah autumn–the crisp air, rich colors and delicious flavors are just a few reasons why we love this season– and if you’re planning a fall wedding, we’re sure you’ll agree it’s the best! But how do you create festive favors without turning your wedding into a Halloween party? Like this:
1. Spreads - Seasonal spreads are delicious, so thank your guests with apple or maple butter for a “sweet” take-home gift. The jar casing is also convenient to carry and looks great stacked up on display. Just tie bows of twine around them and voila– fall, rustic chic!
Photo: Andi and Zoe Photographers
2. Pies - Seriously, do you know anyone who wouldn’t like a slice of pie? The warm ooey-gooeyness of the filling balanced with a baked flaky crust is enough to make your mouth water! Wrap individual slices or go mini. When it comes to flavors, traditional fall flavors like apple and pumpkin are always a crowd-pleaser but feel free to think outside the box! Ginger-spiced, pecan caramel, and mmm buttermilk–your guests won’t be able to resist.
3. Pumpkin Seeds - Pumpkins are to be expected, but pumpkin seeds? Now that’s a clever and budget-friendly fall favor we love. Feel free to roast and spice them with garlic, pepper and paprika or have at it with ginger and brown sugar.
Photo: Love Photography
4. Pashminas – This season’s cool breeze makes for pretty swirling leaves but also makes for colder-than-comfortable shoulders. Offer up pashminas or other warm cover-ups and your bare-shouldered guests will be forever grateful. Stylish yet cozy, pashminas are clever and thoughtful fall favors.
5. Whiskey - Nothing warms up the body like a good ol’ swig of rye! The oaky taste of whiskey naturally complements other fall drinks like apple cider and pumpkin beer. Pack mini bottles for your guests– bonus points if you use cute personalized labels!
Photo: Mia Bella Vita