Couples in the Charlotte, North Carolina area were treated to a fun night of food, drink, shopping, and helpful wedding talk this week at our WeddingWire Social! Attendees perused Stella & Dot jewelry and accessories, swapped tips with other couples planning weddings in the area, and got an exclusive sneak peek at the 50 Fresh Ideas story featured in WeddingWire’s just-released WinterBook. They were also able to have their planning questions answered by WeddingWire editor Sarah Zlotnick and Charlotte event planner Heather Bryson of Carolina Event Design. Scroll down for pictures from the event.
With a versatile main room and beautiful outdoor courtyard, Byron’s South End is a great place for a wedding or rehearsal dinner.
Split Second Sound provided music for the evening, and Heather Bryson of Carolina Event Design was on hand to answer couple’s questions about wedding planning.
Byron’s South End also set out delicious appetizers and drinks for attendees.
Guests posed with props in the ShutterBooth Charlotte photo booth; The night’s gorgeous florals were provided by Flowers by Lingky.
Engaged couples and their friends turned out for the event! If you’re close to the Richmond, Virginia area and interested in attending a WeddingWire Social, you’re in luck! We’ll be hosting a Social at the Hardywood Park Craft Brewery on Tuesday, January 27th. Head to wed.li/wwsocialrichmond for all the details.
Special thanks to Love Shutter Photography for documenting the event!
All Photos by Luminous Moon Photography
Howdy, y’all! We had a great time discussing fall wedding fashion, jewelry trends, and all the other ins and outs of wedding planning at our fab WeddingWire Social in Austin on Monday Night. Held at (and deliciously catered by!) the W Austin, guests were treated to yummy appetizers and desserts, an open bar, and plenty of raffles and giveaways! Also on hand: Stella & Dot’s Austin-based Star Stylist Whitney Fields, who brought a pop-up Stella & Dot jewelry boutique with her! Read on for some of the highlights of the evening.
Hello, fellow brides-to-be! My name is Caitlin, and I’m a member of the editorial team here at WeddingWire. I’m also recently engaged and planning my real-life wedding as we speak. Throughout the entire process, I’ll be giving you insight on my experiences until I walk down the aisle. First, it was wedding dress shopping and all the surprises that come along with, and then, it was registering for surprising necessities. Next up: attending WeddingWire Social DC, a local event that brings together engaged couples.
1. Met New Friends (& Found A Wedding Date Twin) – Yes, it was a happy hour for engaged WeddingWire employees, but turns out, they also brought other brides- and grooms-to-be too! Warning: You will meet a couple who has the same wedding date as you, and you will have to take an Instagram #selfie along with your engagement ring bling.
2. We <3 Our Vendors – We all dished about our favorite vendors, and it was fun to compare notes on who we booked and why.
3. Insider Planning Tips – The #1 must-have tip of the evening: purchase travel insurance. You never know if you will have unexpected bad weather or cancellations.
4. Major Stress Relief – Other than confiding in family, friends, and your bridal party, this was the largest group of engaged couples I’ve been around, let alone in the same room. We became each other’s support system!
5. Free Swag – What’s better than rocking WeddingWire sunglasses and koozies? The a “I’m the Bride!” and “I’m the Groom!” stickers were a fun accessory, too.
To find out more information on hosting your own WeddingWire Social, visit our forums!