Are you trying to decide between color palettes and themes? Do you want to see if all your accessories match? We have the answer! WeddingWire has just introduced an exciting new feature for our users: Inspiration Boards!
Personalize your board by adding your own photos or browsing the WeddingWire Gallery for ideas. You can rotate, stretch, shrink, and drag the photos to create the perfect mosaic!
Show your creative side and design your own board to share with friends, family, and the WeddingWire Community!
Login to your WeddingWire account to get started!
From top left: Images 1, 8, 10, 11, 12 from Martha Stewart Weddings; Images 2, 3 from The Knot; Image 4 from Christian Louboutin; Image 5 from J Crew; Images 6, 9, and center from Leo Patrone Photography; Image 7 from InStyle Weddings
I absolutely love this color combination for spring or summer weddings! These colors are so bold and vivacious, they just make you want to have a good time! Add subtle accents if gold or silver to change the feel of the reception room from elegant to modern. Maybe I should get married again so I can use this combo!
On this, the eve of the presidential inauguration, we invite you to visit WedWeCan.com to experience the new face of wedding planning!
- No more overwhelming experiences
- No more jumping from site to site
- No more driving around town
- No more wedding stress
- No more extra costs
If you are brave enough to venture into Washington DC this evening (yikes!), join us as we say Wed We Can! at a pre-inaugural party. Click here for details!
Here are a few photos of our supporters on the Mall yesterday!
Photo Credit: Bryant Dog Photography
With so many newly engaged couples this holiday season, I thought I would go back to the basics and offer a few bits of advice on where to start after he pops the question:
1. Figure out your wedding budget (yikes!) – Before you choose a venue, a theme, or a dress, you need to determine how much money you can spend on each facet of the wedding and who will be paying for what.
WeddingWire’s Budget Tool allows you to enter a total budget number, allocate funds to each category and also keep track of payments. So easy!
2. Choose your wedding date – Take a look at the calendar and figure out the best time of year for your wedding. Once you have a date, you are ready to find a location! However, for those who already have a location in mind, the venue’s availability calendar may dictate your wedding date. Keep in mind that most people plan vacations around holiday weekends, so if you are planning a memorial day or labor day weekend wedding, send the save-the-dates out to your guests early!
3. Select your team of experts – Choosing wedding vendors can be a bit overwhelming, but WeddingWire is here to help! The Vendor Search Tool will help you find vendors in your local area and can even match you to vendors based on your preferences. You will also want to read reviews of these vendors written by past clients.
If you have friends who have recently been married, ask them for recommendations on vendors they have used or heard about.
4. Compile your wedding guest list – Sit down with your fiancé and parents to determine who will be on the A List or the B List. Your budget will definitely be a factor in the number of invited guests. Begin to collect addresses of invited guests now as this may take a while if you haven’t kept good records!
Keep track of names, addresses, lists, and other wedding-related events with WeddingWire’s My Guests Tool.
5. Get inspiration – Wedding blogs are such a great resource for inspiration and advice. Check out BridalBuds.com to follow brides as they go through their own wedding planning process!
Martha Stewart Weddings
The Fall 2008 issue of Martha Stewart Weddings showcases this beautiful color palette and I just had to share it with you! The boldness of the teal or aqua color is so nicely complimented by the gold and together create a sophisticated, yet feminine, combination. You can easily coordinate the invitations to the decor to design an amazing event!