Post sponsored by the Wedding Salon
Photo courtesy of the Wedding Salon
If you’re getting married in the Chicago or New York areas, the Wedding Salon is hosting two must-attend luxury bridal showcases that will help you kick-start your wedding planning.
Chicago: The Wedding Salon showcase will be held on Monday, October 13th, 2014 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the InterContinental Chicago. You’ll find great resources for planning your wedding, including:
- Cake tastings and cocktails
- Makeovers by The Beauty Crew and Blink Mobile Spa
- Manicure by ManiCube
- Gown and men’s formalwear previews by Jenny Yoo and Alton Lane
- Destination wedding and honeymoon experts from Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings, Aruba, Tahiti, Mexico and Puerto Rico
- Honeymoon giveaways
- Inspiring reception décor ideas
- Luxe goody bags with products from Essie, Supersmile, Rosebud Perfume Company, and more
New York: The New York Wedding Salon showcase is on Monday, November 17, 2014 from 4 to 8 p.m. at The Metropolitan Pavilion. Here’s just a few of the highlights:
- Cake tastings from TLC’s Cake Boss
- Makeovers by Lancôme at Bergdorf Goodman
- Gown and men’s formalwear previews from Charisol Bridal Boutique and Black Lapel
- Destination wedding and honeymoon experts from such gorgeous locales as Puerto Rico, the Florida Keys, Aruba, Mexico, and Tahiti
- Honeymoon giveaways
- Wedding reception décor inspiration
- The chance to receive a goody bag featuring products from Fekkai, Essie, and more.
To buy tickets for either of these events, visit the Wedding Salon’s website. Be sure to enter code WWBP to get tickets for just $15 (a $75 value). See you there!
Photo by Brittany Graham Photography
In our tech-reliant society, it’s possible to do just about anything from our phones. From shopping to talking face-to-face with someone thousands of miles away, everything is possible! So why not plan your special day right from the palm of your hands? With these 6 ways to plan a wedding from your phone, you’ll never need to use a computer for wedding planning again!
Android users, rejoice! Now you too can find your wedding vendors on-the-go with our WedTeam app. WedTeam for Android is now available for download, and it’s a must for wedding-planning couples. With WedTeam, you can:
- Search 200,000 reviewed wedding vendors by location and category
- Save and compare your favorite wedding pros to help choose your vendor team
- Keep track of your completed bookings and store your vendor team’s contact information so you can call or email them while out and about!
And all from your mobile device! Ready to start planning your wedding? Download the WedTeam App today!
Post sponsored by the Wedding Salon
Are you a recently engaged bride in New York or Los Angeles? Mark your calendars for the in-demand luxury bridal shows from the Wedding Salon – the Los Angeles show will be on March 10, 2014 at the Sofitel Los Angeles in Beverly Hills, and the New York City show is on April 28, 2014 at the Metropolitan Pavilion.
These shows are a one-stop shop for couples on the hunt for the best resources for their wedding. The interactive evening events feature cake tastings, cocktails, makeovers, and more – and most importantly, you can meet with some of the area’s top vendors one-on-one! Past participants have included Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings, Sofi Seck Photography, Grand Wailea Resort & Spa, DIOR, Hansen’s Cakes (Tori Spelling’s favorite), BHLDN, Sur La Table, TAO Group, Result of a Crush, St. Regis Deer Valley, Carlo’s Bakery, UGG Australia, Winnie Couture and lots more.
And if you’re planning a destination wedding and are based in New York, you’re in luck! The Wedding Salon is hosting its first-ever Destination Weddings & Honeymoons Salon on March 3, 2014 at the Metropolitan Pavilion in New York City.
For more information for all of the Wedding Salon’s upcoming bridal shows, check out their website. Happy planning!
Photo by Rogue Art Photography
Breaking it down on the dance floor is one of the highlights of the wedding reception, so you want to make sure you’re hiring someone who fits your needs and your overall vision. Considering the wide range of styles and skill sets when it comes to DJs, a thorough assessment is pretty important. Here are a few good questions to ask your wedding DJ before signing on (and to find a great wedding DJ, visit WeddingWire’s vendor reviews):
1. How would you describe your style? Is he the type who likes to talk and engage the crowd a lot? Is he very formal, more laid back, or super energetic? It’s important to get a sense of whether his tone is going to match the vibe you’re going for.
2. How do you work with couples to determine a playlist? Find out whether he has some basic strategies for feeling out his clients’ specific styles and preferences and how he helps customize their experiences.
3. What are your favorite first dance songs? This will give you a good sense of his style and taste and help you determine whether you might mesh well together. If his are all top 10 hits and you’re thinking classics and oldies, for example, it may not be the best fit.
4. Have you ever played at my reception venue before? If your DJ has experience with your venue, that’s a plus. If not, it’s not a deal breaker, but it is important that you set up an appointment to walk through the space together. You want to make sure your DJ knows the layout, is familiar with the acoustics of the space, and is acquainted with a staff member or coordinator, if possible.
5. How extensive is your music library? This one speaks for itself. You want a wide selection!
6. What type of equipment do you use? This will not only give you further insight to his level of experience and skill, but is important to know from an aesthetic and logistical standpoint. What does it look like and how much space does it take up? Does it require special electrical outlets?
7. What does setup and breakdown entail? It’s important to have a basic understanding of this to properly plan in terms of timing and communicating any specific needs or concerns to your venue.
8. Do you have a demo or a recording of a wedding you’ve done in the past that I can see? Watching your DJ in his element will really give you the best sense of his interaction with the crowd, his energy, pacing, personality, style and level of professionalism.
9. Do you work with an assistant or second DJ? Depending on the size of your wedding, having an extra set of hands can be well worth it. This will help everything from setup to song requests run a lot more smoothly.
10. Do you offer any other services? Some DJs offer packages with additional services like video screens and lighting. Depending on the experience you’re going for, having these options available from a single source could be beneficial.