Admit it: There’s a celebrity whose hair and makeup you’ve always crushed on. Whether it’s the bohemian romantic look of Taylor Swift or the glam style of Kim Kardashian, WeddingWire’s new Makeover Tool allows you to try on the hair and makeup styles of all of your favorite celebrities to help you get inspired for your wedding day look. Just upload a photo of yourself (or use one of our models), and start to play! You can change your hairstyle, add a dramatic eye, a bold lip – the options are endless. Then once you’ve found a look that suits you best, you can share it on social media or email it to a friend, your mom, even your wedding hairstylist or makeup artist.
So what are you waiting for? Head over to WeddingWire’s Makeover Tool to start trying on celebrity hair and makeup looks. And check out a few examples we created below:
Photo by MK Loeffler Photography
Even if your wedding is still many months away, it’s important to start a beauty and fitness regime right now so your hair, skin, and body will be in peak condition for your wedding day. Here are some ideas on how to get started.
Wash Your Face Sounds simple, but when you’re busy, tired, and stressed, your skin care regimen may be the first to go out the window. Be diligent about not only washing your face, but also moisturizing, wearing sunscreen (every day!), and even getting facials or using face masks.
Start Growing Out Your Hair Whether you want a full updo or long, loose, luxurious locks on your wedding day, it’s a good idea to start growing your hair out now. While you certainly can use extensions on your wedding day for a fuller look, it’s often easiest and less expensive if you go au naturel. While you’re growing out your hair, be sure to get trims every so often as well as deep conditioning treatments to keep your locks healthy and shiny.
Get a Workout Buddy Whether it’s a fellow newly engaged friend, your significant other, even your mom, it’s a good idea to have a friend to exercise with and motivate you when you’d rather lounge on the couch watching Here Comes Honey Boo Boo than run laps. Even if you’re not trying to lose weight for your wedding day, it’s important to start an exercise routine to build stamina for the long night of dancing you have ahead of you.
Stay Healthy It’s important to take a multivitamin on a regular basis and stay hydrated by drinking at least eight eight-ounce glasses of water per day. By staying away from junk food, you’ll have more energy and your body will certainly thank you.
Maintain Your Hands and Feet Well-manicured hands will allow your gorgeous new ring to shine even more. Exfoliate and moisturize your hands (and feet!) regularly and indulge in manicures and pedicures when you can.
How are you getting your skin, hair, and body ready for your wedding day? Let us know in the comments.
Every bride-to-be wants to be sure their makeup stays in one place on her wedding day. Between heat, tears, rain, and lots of hugging, it’s easy for your makeup to smear and smudge and be gone before you even say “I DO”. To help prepare you for the big day we have asked Alexa, of The Glam Fairy, to provide her top 10 tips for making sure your makeup lasts, and is photo-ready.
(Guest Blogger: The Glam Fairy)
My Top Ten Makeup Tricks for your wedding day are as follows:
1. You want a great primer with a silicone base. Silicone fills in fine lines, wrinkles, pock marks, and blocks the sebaceous glands from producing oil so using that as an anchor underneath all the makeup makes sure it stays put all day.
2. Foundation: The biggest mistake that brides make on their special day is using a foundation that is not light responsive, meaning it is not absorbing and deflecting light in a way that makes you look great for photos. You need a foundation that mimics the way light bounces on your regular skin so you always want to make sure your makeup artist or you do a test shot to make sure your foundation doesn’t drop any lighter than your normal skin shade.
3. Neutral shades for eyeshadow. No bright colors because you want your look to be timeless and elegant… so no matter how natural or dramatic you go keep it neutral!
4. Use water resistant mascara paired with fake lashes. Lashes come in all different cuts and styles so don’t think its automatic drag-queen if you wear lashes!
5. Use a little bit more bronzer and blush than you would normally think, because it wears off throughout the day!
6. Make sure your eyeliner is waterproof. I like M·A·C’s Powerpoint Pencil, it’s amazing! You have about 60 seconds of playtime until it sets and then it’s virtually waterproof and budgeproof.
7. Radiant glow… the skin should always have a nice fresh glow. Products like M·A·C Strobe Fluid and M·A·C Mineralize Skin Finish, placed directly on the cheekbone give off a great cheek highlight
8. Prep the skin with a great moisturizer. I like La Mer. Keeping the skin in tip top condition is key.
9. De-puff and cover dark circles. Fast Response Eye Cream from M·A·C is a great product to use the entire morning of your wedding. It is pure caffeine so it immediately de-puffs and has a pigment that deflects light from dark circles so its my personal favorite.
10. Seal it. Get a sealing spray to set everything and make it stay all day long. I love Motives 10 Years Younger Spray, Model in a Bottle, Makeup Forever Mist and Fix, and M·A·C Fix Plus spray. It basically sets all your work and keeps everything from moving.
See more tips from Alexa from this NBC Clip, where she performs a full makeup demo.
Alexa Prisco is the owner of “The Glam Fairy”, an on location bridal glamour service specializing in makeup and hair for brides. Her business and personality have been nationally recognized with her new hit show “Jerseylicious” on the Style Network.