Joni & David
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Q & A with the Bride:
1. What was the one thing about your venue that made you know it was the one?
We both love great food, so initially our venue’s reputation for amazing food is what piqued our interest. After seeing the beautiful view at the ceremony site and the beachfront area for the reception, we knew that this venue was “the one.” It was gorgeous and low-key at the same time, which was exactly what we wanted. We were treated wonderfully by staff of Hacienda and really couldn’t have made a better choice!
2. Which four details from your wedding were your favorites?
1. The music-We had a trio for the ceremony, and a mariachi band for the reception. I walked done the aisle to “Sweet Child of Mine,” and the recessional was “Home” by Edward Sharp and the Magnetic Zeroes. The trio did such a great job of making this fun but still classy. We the song “Home” because it is so fitting to our life. Dave and I will travel around the world for his career, so home will be “whereever I’m with you (him).” The mariachi band was amazing, and the perfect touch for the fun celebration we wanted our wedding to be!
2. The flowers- Oh my, what can I say about the flowers? They were amazing! The tables at the reception were my favorite. It was like an absolute dream. The flowers were so beautiful, and the places settings were so perfect. I adored the napkin and flowers at the place settings. There is one photo of the tables with the ocean in the background that is to die for! My bouquet was amazing as well!
3. The lace aisle runner- This detail gave my wedding a little bit of the vintage feel I wanted. I had a hard time deciding between a beach or vintage style, and Amy, our event designer, did an unbelievable job at incorporating both!
4. One last thing- Amy surprised us with a caricature artist at our cocktail hour and reception. It is definitely not something I would have originally thought to include, but it was so great. He was very professional and really kept people highly entertained as well as giving them a memento to take home!
3. Give us the one moment in your wedding day you can’t stop thinking about.
Walking down the aisle with my mother, who I love dearly. The photos of that are absolutely priceless to me. Also, seeing David at the end of the aisle smiling at me and having no control over the giant smile on my face in return! He held my hand the entire ceremony and for some reason that sticks in my mind too.
This shoot has great details for both a bridal shower set-up or an intimate garden reception. The color palette is vibrant, so it’s perfect for any outdoor, summer occasion. Enjoy everyone and have a wonderful weekend!
Kim & Kevin
Front the Photographer: “Kim and Kevin first saw eachother at a cafe in Northville- the rest of the story is too long to share here. Kevin proposed to Kim on their 10th anniversary on a beautiful secluded beach in Hawaii after a casual picnic. It was just the beginning of their charming romance! There is so much I ADORE about this wedding that looks like it is from the pages of the best in wedding magazines. From happy guests to gorgeous details, this wedding is everything a romantic girl dreams her wedding would be! Inspired by the Cotswolds of England, Kim and Kevin chose Meadowbrook Hall on the Campus of Oakland University in Rochester Hills, MI to exchange their vows. With rolling hills, gorgeous gardens, and a classic mansion it was the perfect location to fulfill their vision. The Parsonage created amazing centerpieces and bouquets that continued the theme of garden elegance throughout the event. The bridesmaids were stylish in their JCrew dresses and perfectly paired with the pashmina’s Kim gave each as a gift. The entire event was beautifully classic with just a hint of modern romance. Kim and Kevin danced the night away with a live orchestra band (Rhythm Society Orchestra) and everyone had an amazing, magical evening! Desserts were served in the mansion and it was an amazing candlelight spread in addition to their gorgeous cake. Everything about this wedding was perfection.” -Jennifer Grant
Tiffany & Trae
St. Louis, MO
About this wedding: “The bride was inspired by her husband Trae, when it came to designing the overall look of the wedding. Trae is from the Bahamas, so they incorporated the islands into the wedding – an Island Chic theme, using colors from the sea (teal for the water of the Bahamas, red for coral, white for sand). A coral motif was incorporated throughout the invitations, centerpieces, programs, and escort cards, and starfish imagery was used in table name signage, monogram, Mr. and Mrs. seating signage, and programs. Save the dates, programs, menus, escort cards (and escort card table), table cards, monogram, bride and groom seating signage, door initials, red pomander balls (aisle decor), specialty drink names and signage, flagged drink stir sticks, photo booth backdrop, Tiffany box chocolate favors, and monogram favor hangtags were all elements designed and created by Events Luxe in the Design Studio.”
Katie + Nolan
Casa Romantica: San Clemente, CA
From Intertwined Events: “Katie and Nolan met on a dance floor in a club on the East Coast; their love for dancing and laughing was intertwined throughout their entire wedding! From the bold colors of turquoise and red to the ribbon wands at the grand entrance to the video booth that they will laugh at for years to come, their wedding was built upon their love of life, their family and eachother. We included a lot of DIY elements such as the backdrop for the videobooth, tags for the Jones Soda Bottle favors, custom ribbon wands, programs, signage and the Mr. and Mrs. chair decor. Married at St. Edwards Catholic Church in Dana Point, the couple celebrated their love in front of over 150 people before moving on to Casa Romantica in San Clemente where they all danced the night away!”