Photos (clockwise from top left): Continuum Wedding Photography; Viera Photographics; Thao Vu Photography; Erin J Photography
When it comes to selecting flowers for your wedding decor, there are a wide range to choose from. Whether you’re looking for feminine and lush arrangements, or modern single-bloom designs, it’s a good idea to do a little research before meeting with your florist and have a sense of the flowers and plants that you prefer. – and what will be in season for your wedding day To help you start researching, here’s a list of the flowers and plants we think will be hot for weddings in 2013.
- Brunia Berries
- Baby’s Breath
- Garden roses
For more ideas, check out our flower photo gallery. And let us know in the comments which blossoms you’ll be featuring at your wedding!
Brooke & Jeremy
Q & A with the Bride:
1. What was the one thing about your venue that made you know it was the one?
Our whole intent was to throw a party for our friends that was distinctly Austin. The Long Center City Terrace was perfect because the backdrop was just that, the Austin skyline. It made for great dramatic pictures. Similarly, French Legation is within walking distance of all of our favorite haunts, and it is Austin’s oldest home. Both spots met our goals perfectly.
2. Which six details from your wedding were your favorites?
1. How colorful all of our guests looked in their feathers and bow ties.
2. The spray-painted succulent arrangements done by Erin at Rosehip Flora.
3. The giant tapestry picnic blanket with tapestries sent from India by Jeremy’s dad.
4. The custom-backdrop for our photobooth designed by Nate Nordstrom.
5. That Jeremy designed our gig posters that we gave out as party favors.
6. The fact that so many of our vendors are great friends of ours.
3. If you could offer one piece of advice for other couples planning their wedding, what would it be?
Oh that’s a tough one – but I think I’ll go with EAT! I regret that I didn’t take a couple minutes to enjoy some of the food that I so painstakingly chose!
4. Give us the one moment from your wedding that you cannot stop thinking about.
The dance party at the end with the LCD Soundsystem tribute band All My Friends. We had our childhood best friends, our adult best friends, our families and everyone in between in a full-fledged concert-like dance party singing along to LCD Soundsystem tunes at the top of our lungs. It was even better than I could have ever imagined.
Corey & Jason
Q & A with the Bride:
Which three details from your wedding were your favorites?
1. The beautiful scenery that Legacy Farms provides
2. My flowers and table decorations
3. Our cakes were exactly what I asked for
If you could offer one piece of advice for other couples planning their wedding, what would it be?
As hard as it is, don’t stress over the little things. Some things are going to happen that will be out of your control and it will benefit you more to just let them go because at the end of the day you are married to the love of your life.
Give us the one moment in your wedding day you can’t stop thinking about.
Walking down the aisle. I was so emotional that I couldn’t hold back the tears and the whole walk I looked into my husband’s eyes.
Photos (clockwise from top left): First Comes Love Photography, Mirelle Carmichael Photography, Greer G Photography and Christa Elyce Photography
We gave you five ways to incorporate succulents into your summer wedding decor, but we are seeing this trend continue into the fall, especially with any gray, navy blue or yellow weddings. Why? Because succulents are eco-friendly and inexpensive. And did you know that they are available year-round? From your bouquet to your favors, consider adding succulents to your wedding. For more inspiration, check out our arrangements with succulents photo gallery.