Amy and Scott were married at Gowan Brae Golf and Country Club in Bathurst, New Brunswick, Canada on August 24. “The outdoor location for the ceremony is what sold us on our venue,” Amy said. “All of the lush green combined with the beautiful ocean backdrop was exactly what we had envisioned for our ceremony.” She wore a light pink ruffled mermaid wedding gown with a sweetheart neckline. She accessorized with a studded sash and carried a bouquet of roses and mums. Her bridesmaids donned light gray strapless chiffon dresses with sweetheart necklines too, their bouquets were the same as the bride’s. The groom and his ‘men wore three-piece suits and accessorized with silver neckties and pink pocket squares. The reception featured long banquet tables and chairs wrapped in pretty bows, fun games, a candy buffet, and delicious square-layered cake for guests to enjoy. The bride’s favorite detail? “Having all of our friends and family in one spot and dancing the night away with all of our favorite people!” she said.
1. What was the one thing about your venue that made you know it was the one?
The view was amazing and we loved the fact that we were next to the ocean but were not outside inthe heat. The tall glass windows throughout the entire venue made the place absolutely breathtakingespecially at night.
2. Which three details from your wedding were your favorites?
1. Our cake topper that we had especially made to look like us from Etsy.
2. The mini polaroid camera for guests to take pictures of themselves and replace after removing their place card from our frame with hanging lace and clothespins.
3. The photo booth: we loved the props and photo album we received with all the pictures.
3. Give us the one moment in your wedding day that you can’t stop thinking about.
Michael’s little sister sang, “Marry me” by Train right before we said our vows during the ceremony. It was such a beautiful moment and put into words what we were feeling at that second before we were to become husband and wife.