Yesterday, we shared some of our favorite real wedding details of 2012, and we’re back today to bring you even more incredible style from this year.
Unique Bridesmaid Style
From the differing shades of gray and purple dresses to the statement pieces of jewelry, we love this entire bridal party’s style. Solid bridesmaid dresses are the norm, but having your maid of honor stand out in a patterned dress adds to the visual appeal. There’s no doubt these ladies will wear their dresses again and again. See more of Jesse and Ben’s elegant, loft wedding here.
Photo: Jordan Quinn Photography
Categories: Ideas + Trends, Real Weddings
Tags: 2012 favorites, alternative bouquets, ceremony programs, Dino Gomez Photography, favorite details of 2012, hand painted cakes, Jordan Quinn Photography, Luminaire Images, patterned bridesmaid dresses, Roohi Photography, Sugar and Soul Photography, Table Decor
Heather & James
Dade City, Florida
Q & A with the Bride:
1. Which three details from your wedding were your favorite?
1. The altar: We wanted a “sweet country” feel, so we stacked 3 large round hay bales on top of each other and adorned each one with a white and yellow floral wreath in the center.
2. The favors: We created “make your own butter” favors by providing each guest with a mason jar with a marble in it (for better mixing); and preset the tables with cream and mixed herbs. Our guests had a good time watching the butter form (and the noise created a fun atmosphere).
3. The escort cards: We took 150 small wooden cows, painted them white and used tracing paper to transfer the names in a cursive font onto them. We painted a picket fence yellow and
gave it a rustic treatment to rest the cows on. We had unique cow table numbers to coordinate (each one was printed in a different pattern for an eclectic feel).
2. Give us the one moment in your wedding that you can’t stop thinking about.
I can’t stop thinking about the moment when the horse and carriage pulled up to the start of the aisle and my dad helped me down. The aisle was so beautiful with yellow rose petals in the shape of hearts, buckets of babies breath lining the white wooden chairs and the large hay bales with gorgeous wreaths–all of which faded into the background as I was walking towards my future husband.