Karina and Taylor were married at the restored Spanish farmhouse Casa Feliz in Winters Park, Flor. on October 13. Pumpkins atop hay bales stating, “welcome to our wedding” greeted guests as they arrived. The bride wore a v-neck wedding gown and Mary Jane checkered print pumps whereas her ‘maids wore purple dresses and saddle pumps. Bouquets featured dahlias, calla lilies, mums, fern curls, and thistle. The outdoor ceremony and reception overlooked the golf course with twinkling cafe lights overhead. Tables were decorated with lace linens, red napkins, tea candles, and unique centerpieces — succulents with hot air balloons — while glass bulbs were filled with blooms for favors.
1. What was the one thing about your venue that made you know it was the one?
We originally wanted the look and feel of an old house, but we were having a hard time finding one that could accommodate all of our guests. When we stumbled upon the Highlands Ranch Mansion by accident, we knew it would be perfect.
2. Which three details from your wedding were your favorites?
1. Ceremony: We put very little emphasis on the ceremony during the planning process, but you can’t plan the feeling you get standing up in front of your friends and family and tying the knot. 2. Photography: The day goes by in such a blur, but having amazing images to remind you of the details helps bring it all back into focus. 3. Atmosphere: A big spooky mansion a few days after Halloween, must we say more?
3. If you could offer one piece of advice for other couples planning their wedding, what would it be?
The best advice we can give is to ignore most of the advice you are given. While family and friends have great ideas and intentions, it’s important to remember that it is your wedding. The details that are important to you should be there.
4. Give us the one moment from your wedding that you can’t stop thinking about.
There was a moment right after the ceremony, walking up the driveway to the mansion when we looked at each other, exclaimed “We’re married!” at the same time and laughed the rest of the way to the mansion. Those grins didn’t leave our faces for the rest of the night.