Lindsey & Skyler
Q & A with the Bride:
1. What was the one thing about your venue that made you know it was the one?
We loved the character and history of Belvoir Winery. The building we held our reception in was built around 1900 and was originally used as a home for members of the Independent Order of Odd Fellows. They were able to keep a lot of the original flooring, molding, etc., and there was just a certain charm about the building that we instantly fell in love with. Plus, we absolutely love Halloween, and Belvoir Winery has long been known as one of the most haunted locations in the Midwest. (In fact, they were recently featured in an episode of Ghost Hunters.)
2. Which three details from your wedding were your favorites?
1. Pumpkins. We love fall and probably carve about ten pumpkins every year. We held our rehearsal dinner at my aunt and uncle’s house out in the country, and our guests carved pumpkins (over 100!) that were used as décor for the wedding.
2. Skyler’s boutonniere. Skyler is an antique collector, and one of his favorite things to collect is antique handmade marbles. We had our florist incorporate one of his marbles into his boutonniere.
3. Favors. We had mason jars personalized with our names and wedding date on one side, and the tree logo from our invitations on the other. They were part of the dinner setting, and everyone used them as their drinking glass for the night. I received so many compliments about them and many of our friends and family have told me they still use their drinking glass.
3. Give us the one moment in your wedding you can’t stop thinking about.
One of my favorite memories is walking down the aisle with my Dad. It was such a special moment that just the two of us got to share. He looked so happy and proud when he gave me away. I think that was the moment everything finally felt real.