Photo by Lane Dittoe
The wedding bells have rung, the vows have been exchanged, and you and your spouse are fresh from your honeymoon and settling into newlywed life. As you begin an exciting new chapter as a married couple, don’t forget to check off these post-wedding to-dos!
1. Freeze the top of your wedding cake to eat on your 1st anniversary.
2. Write your thank you notes.
4. Preserve your wedding gown.
5. Change your last name (if that’s your plan).
6. Notify your employer of change in name and relationship status for tax purposes.
7. Change your relationship status to “married” on Facebook!
8. Return or exchange any registry gifts you may not want or need.
9. Manage your joint checking accounts.
10. Create a wedding photo album (and a honeymoon album, scrapbook, or other creative documentation of the trip!)