Natalie & Adam
Jersey City, New Jersey
Q & A with the Bride:
What was the one thing about your venue that made you know it was the one?
It was just special. We knew Liberty House was our place from just looking at the photos. The view of downtown Manhattan as a backdrop was stunning along with the high open beamed ceilings and surrounding candlelight made it so romantic and intimate.
Which three details from your wedding were your favorites?
- Table Numbers & Escort Cards. Our table numbers were handmade by my artistic dad. He burned all of the details by hand for every single table and handmade the escort cardholder which took weeks of hard work. All of this time and dedication in making these details perfect for us made these details even more special.
- Taxi Cab Limo. Our transportation for the wedding party was an old school taxi cab limo that spiced up your typical wedding transportation. It brought the city feel to life and gave such a fun, lighthearted feeling to the wedding party during our trips to the photos, ceremony and venue.
- The Music. Our band was amazing. My dad is a musician, so music was number was on his list. We had weekly calls with the band to make sure they knew our song list and style. There was not one person that didn’t tell us how fantastic the music was at the reception. They made it a party to remember! We also had slipper socks (since it was winter, we didn’t go with flip flops) for our guests to keep on dancing even when their feet were tired!
Give us the one moment in your wedding day you can’t stop thinking about.
The moment we heard our wedding song – “Soul Sister” by Train. We picked the song so long ago because we loved the story it told. We had listened to it over and over again. When it finally came on at the wedding, it all became so real and our story came full circle. Also, while there was a room full of people staring at us, it felt like it was just the two of us in the room at the moment.
Ludia & Michael
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Q & A with the Bride:
1. What was the one thing about your venue that made you know it was the one?
The view was amazing and we loved the fact that we were next to the ocean but were not outside in the heat. The tall glass windows throughout the entire venue made the place absolutely breathtaking especially at night.
2. Which three details from your wedding were your favorites?
1. Our cake topper that we had especially made to look like us from Etsy.
2. The mini polaroid camera for guests to take pictures of themselves and replace after removing their place card from our frame with hanging lace and clothespins.
3. The photo booth: we loved the props and photo album we received with all the pictures.
3. Give us the one moment in your wedding day that you can’t stop thinking about.
Michael’s little sister sang, “Marry me” by Train right before we said our vows during the ceremony. It was such a beautiful moment and put into words what we were feeling at that second before we were to become husband and wife.
Polina & Thomas
Warren, New Jersey
This wedding had such a great color palette for an April soiree. The bridesmaid dresses coordinated perfectly with the orange roses, and the bride brought out the blue with her shoes. The mixture of elevated centerpieces on guest tables, with low square vases on the head table was perfect for this indoor reception at the Stone House.
Jennifer & Ben
Jersey City, New Jersey
Jessica + Mike
Private Residence, New Jersey
About the wedding: “We were going for a very natural organic,Tuscan theme for Jess and Mike’s wedding. I also like to plan sustainably smart whenever possible. By doing so, we used recycled wine crates and potted fresh herbs in terra cotta pots that guests could take home and plant in their garden. Tables were named after Italian love phrases or names. Their delicious cupcakes came from Petit Cafe in Nutley, famed for their ‘double stuffed cupcakes’. Jessica and Mike’s cupcakes were befitting to the Italian theme as well. One of the cupcakes, named the “Bada Bing”, was a chocolate cupcake stuffed with Mascarpone and Expresso Custard topped with Amaretto Whipped cream and finshed off with a bing cherry! This wedding truly captured the rustic Tuscan garden theme that Jess and mike wanted to incorporate into their wedding day. It was so wonderful working collaboratively with Jess and Mike to make their wedding a true reflection of thier own unique personal style.” – Christine Hyder, the coordinator
Photographer: Feuza Reis Photography | Caterer: Encore Catering | Event Planner: Christine Hyder Events | Reception Venue: Private Residence | Cake Designer: Stuffed Cupcakes