Liz & Ryan
Q & A with the Bride:
1. What was the one thing about your venue that made you know it was the one?
The scenery/setting itself is breathtaking. It’s the most magical place. We fell in love from the second we drove through the gates and saw the pasture.
2. Which three details from your wedding were your favorites?
1. The personal touches Ryan and I put into it. We were inspired by Pinterest to make several things that really made our wedding special. (favors, signs, pictures, etc.)
2. Our cake topper! It was my gift to Ryan and featured our two dogs. He was shocked, and it was perfect.
3. The band we hired, The Geeks! They were amazing, and thanks to them, everyone had the best time.
3. If you could offer one piece of advice for other couples planning their wedding, what would it be?
Plan your wedding together and really enjoy it. Remember it is your day, not anyone else’s. We paid for our whole wedding (hence, the long engagement), so we didn’t include anyone else in the planning or ask for any opinions along the way, and it really helped make the process less stressful and fun. The day was really about us and was exactly what we wanted.
4. Give us the one moment from your wedding that you cannot stop thinking about.
For me, it was riding up in the carriage while the bell was ringing, everyone turning and looking at me. I was already holding back tears when I looked to the end of the aisle and saw Ryan, who was also choked up. It was an incredible moment. Just as special to Ryan and I both was the father/daughter dance I shared with my dad, who is paralyzed. He was paralyzed four and a half years ago, so that moment really meant a lot to us. There wasn’t a dry eye during that dance, and I will forever cherish it.