We gave you five ways to incorporate succulents into your summer wedding decor, but we are seeing this trend continue into the fall, especially with any gray, navy blue or yellow weddings. Why? Because succulents are eco-friendly and inexpensive. And did you know that they are available year-round? From your bouquet to your favors, consider adding succulents to your wedding. For more inspiration, check out our arrangements with succulents photo gallery.
Categories: Ideas + Trends, Wedding Flowers
Tags: Christa Elyce Photography, First Comes Love Photo, Greer G Photography, Mirelle Carmichael Photography, succulent boutonnieres, succulent wedding bouquets, succulent wedding cakes, succulent wedding favors, succulents
Kristin & Rob
Q & A with the Bride:
1. What was the one thing about your venue that made you know it was the one?
I’ve always wanted an outdoor, garden-style wedding so when we walked onto the grounds of the Old Whaling Station, we knew we had found our own “secret garden.” It was the perfect
backdrop for an intimate, outdoor fete — romantic flowering gardens, winding brick pathways and a historic Adobe house that exuded vintage charm. This was the only venue we visited, and
we knew right away it was “the one.”
2. Which three details from your wedding were your favorites?
1. All the succulent details: glass vessels filled with air plants and succulents hung from the arch; the succulent bridal bouquets and groomsmen boutonnieres; and the wedding favors my mother-in-law planted herself.
2. The handmade chalkboard signs designed by my sister’s boyfriend.
3. My bouquet charm that paid tribute to my late father’s memory. It gave me a sense of comfort knowing that he was with me in spirit that day.
3. Give us the one moment from your wedding day you cannot stop thinking about.
The highlight of the day was doing a “first look” where we saw each other for the first time before the wedding. It was such an emotional, private time where we had the opportunity to
really be there in the moment just the two of us — and take it all in. Plus, I’ll never forget the look on my husband’s face when he saw me in my dress. A few tears of joy were definitely shed.