Photos courtesy of The Wedding Salon
Planning a wedding in Miami? Then you’ll definitely want to head to the Wedding Salon Showcase this coming Monday, June 9th, from 5 to 8pm. The event is at the EPIC Hotel, and will be a one-stop shop to creating your dream wedding. You’ll be able to meet with some of the top wedding professionals in the area, as well as resorts and destinations from all over the world to plan your amazing honeymoon, including Curacao Tourism, GeeJam Collection, Capella Marigot Bay, Coral Gables Country Club, Puerto Rico Tourism Board, Aruba Tourism Board, Mayfair Hotel & Spa, SunSwept Resorts and more.
And wait, there’s more! Cake tastings, cocktails, beauty makeovers, gorgeous gowns and stylish men’s formalwear, entertainment and lots of great giveaways! Oh, and you’ll also get a fabulous goodie bag featuring products from Fekkai and Dove. Want in? Get your tickets on The Wedding Salon’s website now.
Taylor & Ryan
Q &A with the Bride:
1. What was the one thing about your venue that made you know it was the one?
Ryan and I love history, and after deciding to get married in Miami at the beautiful and historic Plymouth Congregational Church, we wanted to find a reception venue with old-world, Miami charm to match. The Biltmore Hotel is not only stunningly beautiful but also incredibly historic with numerous lives as a grand hotel, war hospital and now restored Miami landmark. The Alhambra room where our reception was held is enchanting, and its outdoor terrace overlooking the pool allowed our guests, most of whom were from out of town, the opportunity to enjoy cocktails with a backdrop of one of Florida’s beautiful winter nights. Our gangster-themed after party, the groom’s 30 th birthday party, was held upstairs in the historic Everglades Suite where Al Capone once infamously ran a speakeasy.
2. Which three details from your wedding were your favorites?
1) The music: Coming from a very musical family, I wanted to make sure that the music for the entire day was fantastic. Jeff Kaye helped program the most magical music for the church, and the Soul Survivors kept the dance floor packed with guests of all ages all night long.
2) The flowers: When I decided to wear a beautiful but non-traditional Carolina Herrera dress with seven colors, I knew finding the right flowers for the wedding would be a bit of a challenge. David Johnson of A Basket Affair made the process incredibly fun and entertained all of my crazy ideas. We ended up with a beautiful neutral color palate with a special Florida surprise, calamondin fruit from my family’s backyard trees in all of the arrangements for a pop of color and little piece of home on each table. It was priceless hearing how surprised my brothers were when they saw their calamondin boutonnieres and instantly recognized the source.
3) The wheels: I kept a number of details from the groom during the wedding planning so he would have fun surprises throughout the day. His favorite was the beautiful white vintage Phantom Rolls Royce waiting to take us to the reception after a post-ceremony champagne toast.
3. Give us the one moment from your wedding day that you can’t stop thinking about.
One of our favorite memories from our wedding day was the time the two of us had together during our post-ceremony photo session at the Biltmore. Our fabulous photographer, Cindy of Cuppa Photography, facilitated the most delightful quiet moments for Ryan and I to spend together before we rejoined our guests for cocktail hour.
Marnie + Brandon
Photographer: Ashley Colhouer from 13:13 | Ceremony Venue: Coral Gables Congregational Church | Reception Venue: The Epic Hotel, Miami | Flowers: Flowers by Vivian Colls | Dress: Jorge Manuel | Wedding planner: Karla from Stylish Events | DJ, uplighting and monogram projection: Liquid DJs
Leticia + Pedro
The Epic Hotel, Miami
Photographer: Ashley Colhouer from 13:13
Videographer: Reinhardt Productions
Flowers: Blooming Designs
DJ and uplighting: Liquid DJs
Yashmina + Danny
From the Photographer: “This wedding had all the elements of a great event, lots of emotion, a great bridal party, a beautiful venue and church, and yes even the rain. Mother Nature could not stop this amazing couple and their fabulous wedding guests to dance (whether in the rain or undercover), laugh and celebrate.” – Emily Harris