Jamie & Justin
Dove Canyon, California
From the Photographer: “Jamie and Justin wed at the very-private Dove Canyon Country Club, nestled in the hills near Orange County’s Santa Ana Mountains—and one thing is certain about this couple’s future: Their children will have gorgeous eyes. And possibly an affinity for the Anaheim Ducks, as well as hard-core partying, because before their grand exit under a shower of sparklers waved by guests, this wedding brought the house down on the dance floor! Dissatisfied with traditional bridesmaid dresses, Jamie opted to dress her bridesmaids in silver sequins and soft pink folds, and tied in the rest of the wedding design using similar hints of pink in places such as cake embellishments, sparkly lettering on the soles of her shoes, and the ceremony seating sign. Justin put his own touch on the affair, as well: he is a photographer, and set up an open-air photobooth capture some of the revelry as the night wore on.” – Luminaire Images
Yesterday, we shared some of our favorite real wedding details of 2012, and we’re back today to bring you even more incredible style from this year.
Unique Bridesmaid Style
From the differing shades of gray and purple dresses to the statement pieces of jewelry, we love this entire bridal party’s style. Solid bridesmaid dresses are the norm, but having your maid of honor stand out in a patterned dress adds to the visual appeal. There’s no doubt these ladies will wear their dresses again and again. See more of Jesse and Ben’s elegant, loft wedding here.
Photo: Jordan Quinn Photography
Katie & Nick
Long Beach, California
Q & A with the Bride:
1. What was the one thing about your venue that made you know it was the one?
I knew my venue was the one because it was the perfect combination of everything we were looking for. The Long Beach Museum of Art was the only venue we looked at, and we instantly fell in love with it. We wanted a unique outdoor location, and the museum offered a beautiful ocean view, cool modern sculptures and a hint of a vintage feel from the brick buildings.
2. Which three details from your wedding were your favorites?
1. The gorgeous flowers! I loved the texture, colors and the lemons that were incorporated into our centerpieces. They just felt so fun and whimsical.
2. We had a hand-painted wedding cake that featured words that were meaningful to our relationship. The cake was beautiful, but it was even more special to us because of the personal touches we got to put on it.
3. I liked the paper goods and DIY decorations because I was able to be creative with them, plus my family helped me out a lot in creating everything. It was great to work as a team with them.
3. Give us the one moment from your wedding that you cannot stop thinking about.
I think walking down the aisle was the most memorable moment of my wedding day. It was so surreal to step out and see all of our family and friends there as well as the decor and details that I had been obsessing over for months. I was happy to be able to walk down the aisle with my dad, and it was emotional to see my husband crying when he saw me.