Miquela & Jason
Q & A with the Bride:
1. What was the one thing about your venue that made you know it was the one?
We knew the second we saw the Blatchford Hanger that it was perfect. We wanted something different, sort of a blank slate we could work with. The setting of the historical park and the nostalgic feeling around the entire area worked for us. We also loved that we could open the space up to the outdoors for dancing!
2. Which three details from your wedding were your favorites?
1. Jason had given me a card before the wedding. Inside was a little pin with a piece of toast and jam. It was so cute, and the perfect color, so I pinned it to the bottom of my bouquet. When I walked down the aisle and saw Jason, he had pinned the matching toast and peanut butter pin to his boutonniere. It was the best moment when we saw each other and realized we both had the pins– just a little reminder how well we go together.
2. We had so much fun going around the city taking photos with the wedding party! We stopped in antique shops, candy stores, clothing boutiques, the old midway– whatever we saw that looked fun. Everyone was so wonderful, allowing us to take over their businesses for a few minutes to get some good shots. While we walked from place to place, strangers were cheering, people were clapping, cars were honking – it was so nice!
3. We had set up a blank canvas at the reception and asked all of our friends and family to paint a little something on it throughout the evening. Not knowing what the end result might be, we were left with a really amazing piece of art that now hangs proudly in our home. It’s the best reminder of our day; full of love from the ones we love.
3. Give us the one moment in your wedding you can’t stop thinking about.
Our first dance! I didn’t know, but Jason had organized each place setting to have a candle with a note saying “ Please help me surprise Miquela during our first dance by lighting this candle. Each candle represents a special moment we have shared with each one of you, and I am hoping we can create ONE moment together we will never forget….” Needless to say, when we started our first dance, and I saw candle after candle light up around me, I was totally surprised and overwhelmed with emotion. It was a very surreal moment, and a memory that I will never forget.