Kelly and Andrew were married during a cold, winter day in Swansboro, N.C. on January 5. To keep warm, the bride accessorized with a fur stole on top of her fit ‘n’ flare ruffled wedding gown. Bridesmaids wore purple dresses whereas groomsmen wore gray suits with polka dot bow ties. Bouquets featured an array of blooms such as garden roses, hydrangeas, and calla lilies. Following the traditional church ceremony, the reception was held at the town’s civic center, which was decorated with lace, lanterns, and wine bottles. “When we walked into the room, we were completely blown away,” Kelly said. “The room looked magical! Even though we had picked out the details, we were still shocked when we saw how beautifully it came together.” Even the ceiling was draped with fabric and chandelier! Their favorite moment? The father of the bride’s speech. “We still laugh at the things he said,” she said. Instead of a sparkler send off, guests held handwritten signs that said, “Faith,” “Bliss,” “Fun,” “Love,” and “Hope.” A cute do-it-yourself touch.
Crisp air, changing foliage, pumpkin spice lattes at Starbucks — the list of reasons why we love Fall is almost as long as the season itself. But, in the interest of saving time, we’ll get right down to our favorite part: the weddings. Certain details just work best between September and November, and these are the ones we love most.
1. Vibrant Backdrops - Classic black and white wedding ensembles look especially stunning against burning yellow and orange trees, don’t you think?
Our fourth favorite summer color scheme — purple and orange! This inspiration board is fit for an eclectic bride who wants a tropical destination wedding. Walk down the aisle on “island time” with a lisianthus, ranunculus, and hypericum berries bouquet and stand next to your bridesmaids wearing flowing v-neck dresses. Enjoy a lavender martini in your lounge area or take a break from dancing to the authentic steel drum music and cozy up next to your man. Give each guest a wish lantern at the end of the night to send off in the sky. With so many warm wishes from your family and friends overhead, you will know love is in the air. Unforgettable.
1. What was the one thing about your venue that made you know it was the one?
It offered a unique, weekend-long destination for our friends and family where we could relax in a beautiful mountainside location and celebrate our big day. It allowed us to devote cherished time with each guest and that was the most important thing we wanted to accomplish.
2. Which three details from your wedding were your favorites?
1. The lovely bunting my sister made for us. My sister, Olivia, lives abroad and spent hours sewing lace and burlap together for yards and yards of gorgeous bunting. It was so beautiful around our reception site!
2. The homemade cookies our mothers baked, including personalized stamps. My mother made shortbread dough at home and transported it all the way to North Carolina. She and my little sister then baked, stamped and packaged all of the delicious cookies in their cabin on-site. They were stamped with one of my husband’s favorite things, a robot, as well as our names and our wedding date. Michelle and Carl with Keepsake Memories Photography took one of my favorite pictures with our rings on the cookies. Scott’s mom is also known among friends and family for her chocolate chip cookies. Sharon was nice enough to take the time to bake these delectable treats for our dessert table.
3. The wedding ceremony was officiated by Scott’s father, who worked closely with us to personalize every aspect of the service. As someone who knew us and our guests so well, he made an otherwise intimate moment between a bride and groom much more meaningful for all of our attendees.
3. Give us the one moment in your wedding day you can’t stop thinking about.
Scott: Seeing Ashley walking down the long path toward me with her father as the ceremony began. It had been a whirlwind of a day working out last minute details and making sure everything was perfect for her, but to see her in her wedding dress for the first time with such a gorgeous smile on her face was a moment I’ll remember forever. Either that or the food.