Elizabeth & Taylor
Q & A with the Bride:
1. What was the one thing about your venue that made you know it was the one?
My husband is very outdoorsy. We’ve been to so many weddings in Houston that we were ready for something fun and different. I had seen four other venues before this one, and I just knew when I saw it that was the perfect amount of rustic for my husband, and the perfect amount of chic for me!
2. Which three details from your wedding were your favorites?
My mom did so many DIY projects. All of the table decor was done by her. We collected old bottles, and she took apart all my old jewelry and decorated bottles and vases and votives. It was so enchanting. She worked so hard and was so good at it. So, I loved all the things my mom made. I also loved the dance my friends and bridesmaid’s did. It was a surprise to everyone. It was a choreographed dance done after the garter toss to get the party started! And the last thing that was my favorite was of course saying my vows to my husband. During the ceremony there were gunshots in the distance and my nephew (5-year-old ring bearer) yelled, “Gunshots!!!” at the top of his lungs.
3. Give us the one moment in your wedding you can’t stop thinking about.
Walking into the venue after we got married, took pictures, and seeing everyone smiling at us as we were walking in. It was just perfect. Took my breath away. My coordinator and HEB flowers and RTC Floristry did such a fantastic job decorating and bringing the exact feel of what I wanted my wedding to be like.
Categories: Ideas + Trends, Real Weddings
Tags: Chic Weddings, cookies, Don Strange Ranch, Gretchen Blair Photography, ice cream, Jennifer Weems Photography, patterned b, Ranch Weddings, ring bearer boxes, rustic weddings, straws, Texas Weddings
Photo: Jillian Tree Photography
When picking out desserts for your dessert table, consider the season ripe with fresh produce from May to late September. Here are five mouthwatering ways to serve them:
1. Mixed Berries Chiffon Cake - From strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries and cherries, they all have one thing in common — they’re rich in antioxidants.
2. Homemade Peach Cobbler – In order to select the perfect Georgia peaches for your pies, look for firmness and a lack of blemishes (wrinkles or bruising). You’ll know they’re ripe by the smell alone.
3. Raspberry Lemon Cupcakes - Ask your baker to add a splash of citrusy lemon to the cupcake batter. It just might boost your guests’ electrolytes to keep them dancing all night long.
4. Ice Cream - As long as you can keep it frozen, your guests will love feeling refreshed after eating this ice “cream” cold treat. Provide toppings such as: crushed oreos or pistachios, rainbow sprinkles and shredded coconut. Don’t forget the syrups!
5. Banana Pudding - Spice up traditional vanilla pudding with layers of wafers and sliced bananas in a glass shooter.
Visit our dessert display photo gallery for more inspiration. Did we miss anything? Share in the comments below what you’re displaying!
Categories: Ideas + Trends, Wedding Cake
Tags: banana pudding, berry cakes, Britt Rene Photo, Cupcakes, dessert displays, Enjoy Cupcakes, Erin McVey Photography, Feels Like Today Photography, ice cream, Jen Lynne Photography, Jose Villa, pies, Riso Studio, summer dessert displays, summer desserts