Melanie & Travis
Q & A with the Bride:
1. Which four details from your wedding were your favorites?
1. Our vows: We wrote our own vows because we wanted them to reflect our relationship. I’ll never forget the moment when everyone laughed when I said, “I promise to listen when you speak.” to Travis. I guess everyone knows how stubborn I can be at times, especially when I believe I’m right!
2. Photographer: Our brother-in-law, Jordan Marsh, photographed our wedding. He took amazing pictures, but the best part was we were so comfortable with him. We had a blast sneaking off with Jordan and my sister to take photos. It felt like we were having a mini family reunion in the middle of our wedding day.
3. Hearts: Travis’ 93-year-old grandmother made personalized hearts for each of our wedding guests. She spent months working on this project, and it was great to see how happy she was when she saw her hearts on the reception tables.
4. Speeches: We were so happy to see our childhood best friends give speeches recounting inside jokes and great memories. We also loved my younger brother’s last minute speech despite the fact he made me cry.
2. If you could offer one piece of advice for other couples planning their wedding, what would it be?
Have a small, intimate wedding and invite the people you want to invite. We had 75 guests at our wedding, and we felt like it was the perfect size. We had enough time to talk to everyone at the wedding without feeling rushed.
3. Give us the one moment in your wedding day you can’t stop thinking about.
I cannot stop thinking about our ceremony, and the moment I saw Travis for the first time as I was walking down the aisle. He had tears in his eyes, and he looked so calm and proud. We
couldn’t stop holding each other’s hands during the ceremony, and I knew without a doubt that I was making the best decision of my life.