Photo: Priscilla Thomas Photography
What’s your favorite moment during a wedding? If you’ve ever watched the movie 27 Dresses, Katherine Heigl’s character states that it is NOT seeing the bride walk down the aisle but the groom’s face as he sees her for the first time. We could not agree more! Our Real Weddings Editors gathered 10 awesome reactions from recent features that will make you get goosebumps. Click through the slideshow here.
Photo: Rae Marshall Wedding Photography
Many couples these days are proving the “it’s bad luck to see your significant other before the ceremony” superstition wrong. Why? Because “the look on his face when he turned around was something I’ll never forget,” April, the bride pictured above said. “Plus, it gave us a chance to have a romantic moment before the crowd of people got there.” Whereas, during a traditional walk down the aisle, all eyes are on the bride, and your guests have their phones out ready to Facebook, tweet, or Instagram. What they’re missing is the groom’s spontaneous reaction as he sees his bride being given away. See more first looks that will make you smile here.
Doreen & Chad
Paso Robles, California
Q & A with the Bride:
1. What was the one thing about your venue that made you know it was the one?
When we first started dating, my first birthday present to Chad was a trip to Paso Robles to go wine tasting. We’ve been coming back to visit a few times each year ever since, so it felt just right to pick a venue in this beautiful area. We searched for dog-friendly venues online, and Hammersky was the first one we saw. It was love at first sight. We couldn’t have found a more magical place.
2. Which three details from your wedding were your favorites?
1. The Irish wedding bell bracelets that everyone wore to ring in our marriage and reflect Chad’s Irish heritage.
2. Since I’m German, we did a traditional cutting of the heart. My best friend handmade the heart, and it was so fun to cut it as the first task we had to complete as a married couple and have our family and friends there cheering us on
3. Having every one of our guests be a part of our day. Some created the bouquet and boutonnieres, some helped decorate, Chad’s best friend was our officiant. It just brought it all full circle.
3. Give us the one moment in your wedding you can’t stop thinking about.
We are so happy we did the first look. The moment of first seeing each other away from everyone was just so special, and it gave us time to calm down and connect before the ceremony and really remember it. Going down the aisle, I was a crying fool and barely remember it, but the first look moment is unforgettable.
Categories: Ideas + Trends, Real Weddings
Tags: California Weddings, cheese, first looks, Hammersky VIneyards, intimate weddings, napkins, pets, pies, Vineyard Weddings, wine bottle favors
Photo: Andria Lindquist Photography
So the saying goes, “It’s bad luck to see your bride before the ceremony.” But couples these days are proving this myth wrong. A pre-executed first look before the ceremony allows for the bride and groom to have an allotted amount of private time together and take a few intimate photos. Whereas, during a traditional walk down the aisle, all eyes are on the bride, and your guests have their phones out ready to upload photos to a social media platform. What your guests don’t realize is that they are missing the groom’s spontaneous emotion as he sees his bride for the first time. It’s the best part! (Remember, you could have an unplugged wedding.) So, will the first time your groom sees you be before the wedding or as you walk down the aisle? Let us know in the poll below.