Photo by Paul Rich Studio
While many brides and grooms opt for a traditional tune to accompany their first dance, DJs have reported an increasing number of newlyweds choosing current hits for the occasion. To get a closer look, we turned to the experts. Today, some of our favorite DJs share their recommendations for couples looking for a modern spin on that special first dance (see our picks here).
Photo by Cory Ryan Photography
Looking for the right tune for your first dance as a married couple? We’ve compiled what we think will be the hottest first dance songs for 2013.
- “What Makes You Beautiful” by One Direction
- “A Thousand Years” by Christina Perri
- “You Are My Rock” by Beyonce
- “Just the Way You Are” by Bruno Mars
- “Just a Kiss” by Lady Antebellum
- “Home” by Phillip Phillips
- “Without You” by David Guetta ft. Usher
- “As Long as You Love Me” by Justin Bieber
- “Heartbeat” by the Fray
- “Kiss Me” by Ed Sheeran
For more ideas for your first dance song (or any of the other important wedding-day tunes), check out our song gallery. And let us know what you’ll be dancing to in the comments!
Photo by Visionyard Photography
Have you selected your first dance song yet? If not, we have a few ideas to help get you started. We’ve compiled this summer’s top 10 first dance songs from our Songs Gallery and are excited to share them with you. We love that some are more current hits, others a bit more old school. They come from different genres and different artists, but hopefully they’ll inspire you – click the links to hear them! Whether you’ve selected one of these tunes or something else, let us know what first dance song you’ve chosen in the comments!
- “‘Cause I Love You” by Lenny Williams
- “‘Til Kingdom Come” by Coldplay
- “(Today I Met) The Boy I’m Gonna Marry” by Darlene Love
- “18th Floor Balcony” by Blue October
- “1, 2, 3, 4″ by Plain White T’s
- “A Moment Like This” by Kelly Clarkson
- “All My Life” by K-Ci & JoJo
- “Best Friend” by Tim McGraw
- “Amazed” by Lonestar
- “At Last” by Etta James