Photo: Fine-Tooth Comb
Dress up your delicious dessert display with something more than just cake! We don’t mean cupcakes, cake pops, cookies, candies, doughnuts, and pies, we mean decorations like signs and bunting banners that say “Let Them Eat!” and “Sweet Love,” monogrammed initials, vintage suitcases and books, or even globes. Maybe add glasses of milk or flutes of champagne too? Don’t forget the straws and cocktail napkins. See more photos here.
Photo: Jillian Tree Photography
When picking out desserts for your dessert table, consider the season ripe with fresh produce from May to late September. Here are five mouthwatering ways to serve them:
1. Mixed Berries Chiffon Cake - From strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries and cherries, they all have one thing in common — they’re rich in antioxidants.
2. Homemade Peach Cobbler – In order to select the perfect Georgia peaches for your pies, look for firmness and a lack of blemishes (wrinkles or bruising). You’ll know they’re ripe by the smell alone.
3. Raspberry Lemon Cupcakes - Ask your baker to add a splash of citrusy lemon to the cupcake batter. It just might boost your guests’ electrolytes to keep them dancing all night long.
4. Ice Cream - As long as you can keep it frozen, your guests will love feeling refreshed after eating this ice “cream” cold treat. Provide toppings such as: crushed oreos or pistachios, rainbow sprinkles and shredded coconut. Don’t forget the syrups!
5. Banana Pudding - Spice up traditional vanilla pudding with layers of wafers and sliced bananas in a glass shooter.
Visit our dessert display photo gallery for more inspiration. Did we miss anything? Share in the comments below what you’re displaying!
Categories: Ideas + Trends, Wedding Cake
Tags: banana pudding, berry cakes, Britt Rene Photo, Cupcakes, dessert displays, Enjoy Cupcakes, Erin McVey Photography, Feels Like Today Photography, ice cream, Jen Lynne Photography, Jose Villa, pies, Riso Studio, summer dessert displays, summer desserts
Having trouble deciding how to display your desserts? Here are three delicious dessert displays we can’t resist:
1. Tasty Themes: When you’re picking out desserts for your dessert table, pick a theme. Whether it’s fruit, your favorite color or a combination of both, incorporate that theme into your cupcakes, brownies, cookies, jam and any other tasty treats. Tip: Arrange your desserts on various platters of differing heights. This creates a more compelling visual for your guests.
Photo: The Sunday Sweet
2. Wine Barrels: Remember we mentioned how you can use wine barrels as aisle markers. Well, you can use them for your dessert table too! It’s easy–simply secure a piece of wood on top of two wine barrels. Tip: Perfect for any outdoor, rustic wedding!
Photo: Central Coast Tent & Party
3. Matching Backgrounds: If you’re having an indoor reception, consider the existing decor that your venue already has. Design your cake after the wallpaper or use an antique dresser they may have to display your desserts. Tip: Take advantage of what your venue has to offer. There’s nothing wrong with coordinating! After all, that’s why you choose it, right?
Photo: Sweet Heather Anne
For more dessert display inspiration, check out our photo gallery.