Photos (from left to right): Cory Ryan Photography
A wedding cake isn’t complete without a topper! Whether it’s a tiny version of you and your significant other in the shape of a silhouette or form of a family heirloom, a crafty bunting banner, animals (like pigs, hedgehogs, giraffes, or birds — yes, we’ve seen them all), or as simple as fresh flowers, you’ll want to browse our photo gallery for even more inspiration.
Dress up your summer ceremony with these fresh, fun aisle accents!
Photos (from left): Gia Canali, Claudia Kay Photo
Herbs – pretty bushels of fresh herbs like sage, rosemary or lavender make lovely, understated accents and smell wonderful, too!
Categories: Decor, Ideas + Trends, Wedding Flowers
Tags: Aisle Markers, Claudia Kay Photo, Cory Ryan Photography, Elyse Hall, Fidelis Studio, Figlewicz Photography, Gia Canali, Jose Villa, Katelyn James, London Jacob, MEF Photography, Red White and Green Photography, Sam Gregory, summer ceremony decor, Table Tops Etc., Taylor Lord, Toast! Event Planning and Design
Brooke & Jeremy
Q & A with the Bride:
1. What was the one thing about your venue that made you know it was the one?
Our whole intent was to throw a party for our friends that was distinctly Austin. The Long Center City Terrace was perfect because the backdrop was just that, the Austin skyline. It made for great dramatic pictures. Similarly, French Legation is within walking distance of all of our favorite haunts, and it is Austin’s oldest home. Both spots met our goals perfectly.
2. Which six details from your wedding were your favorites?
1. How colorful all of our guests looked in their feathers and bow ties.
2. The spray-painted succulent arrangements done by Erin at Rosehip Flora.
3. The giant tapestry picnic blanket with tapestries sent from India by Jeremy’s dad.
4. The custom-backdrop for our photobooth designed by Nate Nordstrom.
5. That Jeremy designed our gig posters that we gave out as party favors.
6. The fact that so many of our vendors are great friends of ours.
3. If you could offer one piece of advice for other couples planning their wedding, what would it be?
Oh that’s a tough one – but I think I’ll go with EAT! I regret that I didn’t take a couple minutes to enjoy some of the food that I so painstakingly chose!
4. Give us the one moment from your wedding that you cannot stop thinking about.
The dance party at the end with the LCD Soundsystem tribute band All My Friends. We had our childhood best friends, our adult best friends, our families and everyone in between in a full-fledged concert-like dance party singing along to LCD Soundsystem tunes at the top of our lungs. It was even better than I could have ever imagined.
Sarah & Zachary
Q & A with the Bride:
What was the one thing about your venue that made you know it was the one?
The number of unique spaces to utilize such as the Theater, outdoor ceremony area, and the bridal dressing suite with private balcony.
Which three details from your wedding were your favorites?
It was one of the only times our entire families and all of our friends will ever be together
Having a private dinner before we were introduced
Late night dance party in the Theater room
Groom’s mother’s surprising us with a second first dance to Elvis because we played a joke on her that we were going to elope in Las Vegas
Give us the one moment in your wedding day you can’t stop thinking about.
First kiss and our introduction as Mr. & Mrs. Symm.