Deniz & Khoa
Providenciales, Turks & Caicos Islands
Q & A with the Bride & Groom:
1. What was the one thing about your venue that made you know it was the one?
Turks & Caicos is a beautiful island with clear and calm blue waters and gorgeous white sand. We chose Beaches Resorts specifically because they are kid-friendly and offer activities for everyone.
2. Which three details from your wedding were your favorites?
1. The monochromatic décor of the Martha Stewart wedding theme, which was chic and natural, available at Beaches and Sandals resorts.
2. The colorful pom poms that we brought, and our guests hung in the trees and above the reception area.
3. The black and white (mostly infant) photos of all of our guests hung in a row on one side of the reception area.
3. Give us the one moment in your wedding day you can’t stop thinking about.
We always reminisce about the moment just before we walked into the reception. After our ceremony and once the photos were taken, we had a quiet moment just the two of us while our friends were finishing with decorating the reception area. We told one-another that we should really remember this moment and just how happy we felt!
Categories: Ideas + Trends, Real Weddings
Tags: Beach Weddings, Beaches, Colorful Weddings, Davina + Daniel, destination weddings, heart bridal shoes, providenciales weddings, stars, Summer Weddings, turks and caicos islands weddings
Supernita & Vivek
What was the one thing about your venue that made you know it was the one?
We wanted an outdoor wedding near the water that captured the essence of Savannah – the city we got engaged. The Westin Savannah Harbor Resort provided us that backdrop for capturing the beauty of the river and historic Savannah, while providing us the flexibility of indoor and outdoor spaces that we wanted for our spring wedding weekend.
Which details from your wedding were your favorites?
- The magical setting on Friday night, with the lights, colors, dhol player, surprise fireworks on the river against the backdrop of historic Savannah.
- The oversized floral arrangements and neutral color palette of our reception day, with abundant candles and flowers. Our place settings that had a rose bloom and a personalized thank you note for each of our guests at the reception. It allowed us the opportunity to individually express our gratitude for their presence and make it a more intimate event.
- The beautiful weather we lucked out with on the day of our wedding. The pink orchids and crystals, rose petals down the aisle and the vibrant outfits of our wedding party, against the clear blue skies made for a perfect afternoon setting for our wedding.
If you could offer one piece of advice for other couples planning their wedding, what would it be?
The wedding is a celebration of your love! Minor details don’t matter, focus on absorbing the love and energy around you. During the ceremony, try to do a time-out moment where both of you capture a mental picture of your ceremony – that will remain with you forever!
Give us the one moment in your wedding day you can’t stop thinking about.
The moment Vivek and I entered our Friday night Sangeet event (the first event of our wedding weekend), we were awestruck by the fact that everyone had traveled great distances (Savannah is not an easy city to get to) just to celebrate with us — and that is our most amazing memory the entire weekend!
Flowers are blooming, birds are singing–spring is in the air (almost)! To brighten up your Friday afternoon, take a look at this California style shoot full of beautiful and bold watercolors, and cupcakes that look simply irresistible. You’re going to wish you could take a bite or two.
You can find inspiration for your wedding theme and decor anywhere – and we mean anywhere. You can even look to your favorite addictive app for ideas. Yes, you read that right – a group of talented North Carolina vendors created wedding decor completely inspired by Angry Birds. A few of our favorite details from this – the slingshot pens, the adorable cake pops, the abundance of feathers and eggs (check out those nest escort cards!), and the colorful origami ceremony backdrop. It’s witty and whimsical – but feels modern and, yes, even romantic all the same. Would you create a wedding like this? Let us know in the comments!