Melissa & Joe
St. Michaels, Maryland
Q & A with the Bride:
1. What was the one thing about your venue that made you know it was the one?
Joe and I both grew up in Maryland and had happy memories of the Eastern Shore from our childhood. St. Michaels was a great place that our whole family could get away for the weekend and really celebrate. The Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum provided a beautiful and unique location to host a wedding.
2. Which three details from your wedding were your favorites?
1. The hanging lanterns. They made the tent and dance floor feel magical.
2. My veil. It was originally my grandmother’s and then my mother’s.
3. The umbrellas. I hated the rain, but they made for some great pictures.
3. If you could offer one piece of advice for other couples planning their wedding, what would it be?
My advice would be know that you can’t control everything. There will be something that won’t go as planned. Your wedding only happens once, make the best of it and have fun! Up to the day before my wedding there was a 0% chance of rain, we ended up with over 7 inches. For an outdoor wedding, it could have ruined our day but looking back I wouldn’t change a thing. It just made it that much more memorable.
4. Give us the one moment in your wedding that you can’t stop thinking about.
Our first dance was one of the happiest moments of my life. Another great and funny memory was walking from the cocktail hour to the tent with my husband and his groomsmen trying to keep me dry in the rain. It was raining so hard that it just had to become funny.