Brittney & Arron
Monroe, North Carolina
Q & A with the Bride:
1. What was the one thing about your venue that made you know it was the one?
We knew we wanted a venue that was outdoors, had a country or rustic feel, and had water somewhere nearby. So, when we discovered Morning Glory Farm online and went to go tour it, we fell in love right away. It had everything we were looking for. It was outdoors, it had the country feel, and the pond behind the ceremony site just topped it off. The biggest thing that sold us most was the owner, Nan. She welcomes you in, and you atomically feel like you’ve known her your entire life. Not only was the farm matchless, but also Nan’s sweet and bubbly personality helped to reassure we had found the perfect spot to say, ‘I do.”
2. Which three details from your wedding were your favorites?
1. Our cross and kneeling bench from the ceremony. The cross symbol in its self was very meaningful to us within our faith in Jesus Christ, and we wanted to definitely let it be present throughout the ceremony. The cross was made by our coordinator and her family, and Aaron and my brother-in-law made the kneeling bench for communion, which made it even more special.
2. Our wedding invitations were handmade. We designed them ourselves, had them printed professionally, and then decorated all of them with doilies and lace as a special personal touch. I incorporated the doilies throughout the entire wedding by using them with the invitations, the programs, and as place settings at the reception.
3. Southern style food is our all time favorite. We knew we wanted BBQ, chicken, and southern fixings to serve to our guests. We chose Jim ‘N’Nicks BBQ out of Concord and could not have been more pleased with the outcome. The food was amazing, and we have heard nothing short of great things about our dinner choice and caterer.
3. Give us the one moment in your wedding you can’t stop thinking about.
When it was time to get on the carriage and go see my groom. As I started walking down the aisle, it became true that everything else doesn’t matter any more. I was so excited to see him and for him to see me. I knew at that moment, it was really happening, and we were fixing to be married, fixing to spend the rest of our lives as one. It was a special moment and something I hope I never forget.
Tamara & Steve
Q & A with the Bride:
1. Which three details from your wedding were your favorites?
1. I LOVED all the details we brought in. From the burlap and lace to the chunky, wood rounds at the base of the birch-wrapped vases filled with the most amazing display of flowers to the mason jars with candles in them.
2. Our dessert table was amazing! I wanted it to be fun yet elegant. There was something for everyone’s sweet tooth.
3. The guest table was another one of my favorites. Since we invited our family and friends to bring their children, we wanted them to have something to do. We had “wedding-themed” activity books with crayons and special treats tucked inside little burlap bags. And for our adult guests we had homemade strawberry jam that I made along with my mom. It was just a nice, simple way of saying thank you for spending the day to celebrate with us.
2. Give us one moment in your wedding day you cannot stop thinking about.
Knowing my mom had broken her hip two days before my wedding, there was no guarantee she was going to be coming to our wedding. And as any bride would do, I was praying for some kind of miracle all day. And it was granted! My mom was delivered by ambulance with two nurses by her side to aide in her needs the entire night. They wheeled her into a room where we had my hair and makeup stylist and some girlfriends getting her dressed and beautiful. Everything that night just made me appreciate life and everyone around me just a little bit more than I had before.