“Glamping” is a term referred to as glamorous camping. Why would we associate this with weddings? For those couples who think that the average wedding lasts 5-6 hours–think again–weddings are turning into weekend-long events more than ever these days. Couples want their closest family and friends to stay with them to create lasting memories and kick off the start of their marriage. Think about having an outdoor reception, luxury tents for your guests to stay in and lots of food and games to keep the entertainment going all weekend. Here’s some ways you can add a few glamorous touches to your wedding:
1. Add a lounge area or two for your guests.
Photo (from left to right): Bound By and NLC Productions
2. Have lawn games such as: croquet, bocce, horsehoes, cornhole and ring toss.
Photos: Jodi Miller Photography
3. Rent or purchase chandeliers, drape white lights or hang paper lanterns to add lighting to your outdoor reception.
Photos (from left to right): Cooper Carras and Raquel Reis
Crystal & John
St. Helena, California
Q & A with the Bride:
1. Which three details from your wedding were your favorites?
1. We placed our favorite bible passages in pretty antique frames on each table. This was special because we were able to share a bit of ourselves with our guests.
2. The food–The Meadowood has the most amazing food from cocktail hour to appetizers to entrees. Delish!
3. Watching the same day edit video put together by Cana Productions, our videographer, with all our guests during dinner was great.
2. Give us the one moment in your wedding day that you can’t stop thinking about.
I remember my heart feeling very full and blessed from being surrounded by all our closest friends and family. Particularly, the anticipation of getting ready with my bridesmaids, having brunch in the room, getting our hair and makeup done and taking fun pictures. It’s a rare event that all my best friends are in one place together spending quality time together since we all are busy with our daily schedules and living in different cities.