Katie and Chris were married in a traditional mass ceremony at Assumption Catholic Church followed by a reception at Bridgeport Art Center in Chicago, Ill. on November 2. “We were limited to the number of venues that could fit our guest count,” Katie said. “We fell in love with the huge space our venue offered, and it’s rustic charm. It had beautiful city skyline view and gave us the exposed brick and wood look that fit our theme perfectly.” The bride wore a sweetheart lace wedding gown, accessorized a beaded bolero, while her bridesmaids wore gray long dresses. (Fun fact: Her maid of honor stood out in blush!) The groom looked oh-so dapper in his black three-piece tuxedo and bow tie. “Have all of our family and friends together in one room to support us was the most important detail of the day,” she said. The loft was twinkling with crystal chandeliers and window panels with candles overhead. Long banquet tables were decorated with baby’s breath centerpieces and framed book pages served as table numbers. “The band we picked was another detail that made the night unforgettable,” Katie said. “They chose the perfect music to keep our guests dancing all night long.”
1. What was the one thing about your venue that made you know it was the one?
THE VIEW! The serenity and beauty of being steps away from Lake Michigan really spoke to us. It was so peaceful and was also a way for us to expose a side of Chicago that many people don’t know exist.
2. Which three details from your wedding were your favorites?
1. The music – we were able to have all guests request their favorite song to be played at the reception, and Spencer even surprised me with a surprise piano serenade at the reception of our favorite song “The Luckiest” by Ben Folds.
2. The flowers – I was absolutely blown away when I arrived at Loyola. Our florist created pieces that were unique, beautiful, and ones that really made an impression on everyone in attendance.
3. Pictures around Loyola’s campus, just the two of us – not only is Loyola’s campus absolutely gorgeous, but being able to sneak away for just a few minutes with just us and our photographer was priceless. Some of the shots speak louder than what a video would ever capture. Ben Elsass Photography truly captured our exact emotions and thoughts at that exact moment.
3. Give us the one moment in your wedding you can’t stop thinking about.
Married couples will say that the second the bride walks down the aisle, time stops. THIS IS 100% TRUE. All of the jitters, nervousness, anxiety, planning, coordination, and every other detail happening in life STOPS from that time on. It was truly an unforgettable feeling, and a moment that we will both remember for a lifetime. No words can describe what we felt during those moments, but it was pure bliss in its most truest form.