This week, we’ve shared some of our favorite ideas for bachelorette parties. Our take: While a night of bar hopping, dancing, and potential debauchery can be fun, it’s not the only option out there. This bachelorette party absolutely proves this point. This bride-to-be and a group of girlfriends visited a Napa Valley vineyard for an afternoon of wine tasting, noshing, and lots of laughing. It’s all about choosing your own bachelorette party adventure – one that suits your taste and personal style – so go for it and have fun!
Photo: Morgan Trinker Photography
Brides look forward to their last night out as a single lady before their big day. That’s why the maid of honor and bridesmaids do the honor of hosting. Not only should they decide on a date that is not the night before the wedding, (unless they want to remake the Hangover), but also pick a theme that suits the bride’s style. A typical bash drags the bride from bar to bar and makes her blush at the sight of any man. However, there are endless ways to celebrate, reminisce and of course, laugh. Start planning with some of these low-key ideas if you need help!
How are you celebrating? Let us know in the poll below!
True, you don’t need to wear something new to your bachelorette party. But we saw several dresses at New York Bridal Market that would look just perfect at a bachelorette celebration, and wanted to share:
Outdoor Wine Tasting: Maybe you’re going for a more low-key event, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dress up and look cute. This little white dress by Dessy Collection is sweet and feminine – though you’ll need to be extra careful when sipping those reds!
Trip to the Beach: If you’re planning a destination bachelorette party, pack a dress that’s lightweight and airy, like this style by Bari Jay. And you’ll totally stand out in the bright tropical pink hue (the “Bachelorette” sash will probably help, too!).
Girls’ Dinner: We love the versatility of this Noir by Lazaro dress. Whether you’re heading out for dinner and drinks, a night of silly karaoke, or checking out a comedy show, this belted number will look cute and appropriate.
Night on the Town: Dancing the night away? Pick a short feathered style that will look amazing while you’re rockin’ with your girls. We’re obsessed with this Ivy & Aster dress – it’s sexy and whimsical all at once.
What are you wearing to your bachelorette party? Tell us in the comments!
Photo by: Rennard Photography
While there’s nothing wrong with bidding adieu to bachelorette-hood with a wild night on the town, it may not be every bride’s cup of tea. Luckily, there are plenty of alternatives which are slightly more subdued but just as much fun. Round up the girls for an unforgettable celebration with any of these low-key bachelorette party ideas.
1. Spa Day – spend a relaxing afternoon getting pampered with mani/pedis, massages and facials.
2. Wine Tasting – tour a vineyard or organize a pairing with delicious appetizers and desserts.
3. Girl’s Night In - slip into some cozy pajamas and slippers and spend the night chatting, playing games, sipping girly drinks, noshing on popcorn and watching favorite movies with your best friends.
4. Dinner Party – host a dinner party at home! Enjoy a nice evening with the girls, whipping up an elaborate meal and enjoying it together.
5. Cooking Class – get the group together for a fun hands-on cooking lesson at a local restaurant or culinary school.
6. Glamping – hop on the “glamorous camping” trend and bring a little luxury to the great outdoors. Enjoy nature from the comfort of a furnished canvas tent!
7. Comedy Show – grab a bite to eat before catching a stand-up act or improv performance at your local comedy club.
8. Dance Class – book a private intro class at a local dance studio and get moving!
9. Day at the Beach (or Pool) - spend a full day lounging by the water, reading magazines, chatting and sipping chilly beverages in sunglasses and floppy hats.
10. Theme Park – ride the roller coasters, catch a show, play some games and indulge in a little ice cream and funnel cake!