This week, we’ve shared some of our favorite ideas for bachelorette parties. Our take: While a night of bar hopping, dancing, and potential debauchery can be fun, it’s not the only option out there. This bachelorette party absolutely proves this point. This bride-to-be and a group of girlfriends visited a Napa Valley vineyard for an afternoon of wine tasting, noshing, and lots of laughing. It’s all about choosing your own bachelorette party adventure – one that suits your taste and personal style – so go for it and have fun!
True, you don’t need to wear something new to your bachelorette party. But we saw several dresses at New York Bridal Market that would look just perfect at a bachelorette celebration, and wanted to share:
Outdoor Wine Tasting: Maybe you’re going for a more low-key event, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dress up and look cute. This little white dress by Dessy Collection is sweet and feminine – though you’ll need to be extra careful when sipping those reds!
Trip to the Beach: If you’re planning a destination bachelorette party, pack a dress that’s lightweight and airy, like this style by Bari Jay. And you’ll totally stand out in the bright tropical pink hue (the “Bachelorette” sash will probably help, too!).
Girls’ Dinner: We love the versatility of this Noir by Lazaro dress. Whether you’re heading out for dinner and drinks, a night of silly karaoke, or checking out a comedy show, this belted number will look cute and appropriate.
Night on the Town: Dancing the night away? Pick a short feathered style that will look amazing while you’re rockin’ with your girls. We’re obsessed with this Ivy & Aster dress – it’s sexy and whimsical all at once.
What are you wearing to your bachelorette party? Tell us in the comments!
Post Sponsored by Sandals Resorts and Beaches Resorts
Like destination weddings, destination bachelorette parties are becoming more and more popular – and for good reason. What could be more fun than taking a trip with your best girlfriends to celebrate your upcoming nuptials? We asked Marsha-Ann Brown, Director of Romance for Sandals Resorts and Beaches Resorts for her best tips on planning the ultimate girls’ getaway.
What factors should bridesmaids consider when choosing a location for a destination bachelorette party?
With friends and family spread all over, sometimes picking a location for a bachelorette party that’s on neutral territory makes the most sense. For example, if your cousins are from New York and your college friends from Texas, you might decide to meet somewhere like Atlantic City, or you might even invite everyone to jet off to an exotic location like South America or the Caribbean. Also, keep in mind the interests of the bride. Does she love to shop, sight see, party non-stop, or relax? Pick a destination that offers the activities and attractions you know she will enjoy most. Budget can also be a big factor in determining what works best for everyone, and a helpful hint is to keep the weather at the destination in mind when picking a location.
Photo by: Rennard Photography
While there’s nothing wrong with bidding adieu to bachelorette-hood with a wild night on the town, it may not be every bride’s cup of tea. Luckily, there are plenty of alternatives which are slightly more subdued but just as much fun. Round up the girls for an unforgettable celebration with any of these low-key bachelorette party ideas.
1. Spa Day – spend a relaxing afternoon getting pampered with mani/pedis, massages and facials.
2. Wine Tasting – tour a vineyard or organize a pairing with delicious appetizers and desserts.
3. Girl’s Night In - slip into some cozy pajamas and slippers and spend the night chatting, playing games, sipping girly drinks, noshing on popcorn and watching favorite movies with your best friends.
4. Dinner Party – host a dinner party at home! Enjoy a nice evening with the girls, whipping up an elaborate meal and enjoying it together.
5. Cooking Class – get the group together for a fun hands-on cooking lesson at a local restaurant or culinary school.
6. Glamping – hop on the “glamorous camping” trend and bring a little luxury to the great outdoors. Enjoy nature from the comfort of a furnished canvas tent!
7. Comedy Show – grab a bite to eat before catching a stand-up act or improv performance at your local comedy club.
8. Dance Class – book a private intro class at a local dance studio and get moving!
9. Day at the Beach (or Pool) - spend a full day lounging by the water, reading magazines, chatting and sipping chilly beverages in sunglasses and floppy hats.
10. Theme Park – ride the roller coasters, catch a show, play some games and indulge in a little ice cream and funnel cake!
Photo: Megan Trinker Photography
Brides look forward to their last night out as a single lady before their big day. But lately, brides have been opting out of the traditional bar hopping and switching to alternatives that get their heart pumping and sweat flowing. Sounds fun, right? Try a zumba class, a trip to a trapeze school, rock climbing, a ropes course or even train for a triathlon with your best friends. The truth is–you’ll barely be able to get out of bed the next morning, but without the hangover. What do you think? Let us know in the poll below.