Lauren & Ryan
Q & A with the Bride:
1. What was the one thing about your venue that made you know it was the one?
My then fiance and I fell in love with Altadena Valley Presbyterian Church because of its historic charm. The church was constructed to be a replica of its original building, and it was love at first sight for us. I wanted a vintage feel that was still comfortable and cozy and that is exactly what this church and its grounds portray.
2. Which three details from your wedding were your favorites?
1. I loved my bridal party’s attire. The girl’s dresses and pearl necklaces turned out so southern and sweet, and I loved the classic black tuxes we went with for the groomsmen.
2. I loved the fresh peaches we scored from a local farm outside the city limits of Birmingham. They were so fresh and delicious in July and made beautiful centerpieces and accents.
3. I loved our wedding cake. Not only was it scrumptious, but Julie Hendricks made an incredible cake stand out of a peach basket that made my heart swoon.
3. Give us the one moment in your wedding day you can’t stop thinking about.
There were so many great moments in our whirlwind of a wedding day, but one moment that is still particularly sweet going on 3 years later is the car ride back to the hotel. For us, I can still remember that sweet long exhale after leaving the church still on a natural high from all the celebrating that just happened and yet still in awe that you both actually did it — you got married and are now husband and wife from that moment on until forever. A very overlooked moment throughout the wedding day I would say, but special indeed. We really appreciated having a driver, so we could bask in that moment wholeheartedly.