Melissa & Derek
Upper Las Virgenes Canyon, California
Q & A with the Bride:
1. What was the one thing about your venue that made you know that it was the one?
The privacy! The fact that it was quiet, peaceful, rustic and within it contained a million opportunities to personalize it to our hearts desire. Later, we discovered this world of opportunities also served to complicate since it was abounding with possibilities! Along with the generous help and endless creativity of our day-of-coordinator, (although she was truly so much more to us–rather our heart, our hope, our ever present help!) we were able to narrow down how everything would be set up and flow, thus creating the intimate and close family feeling that we desired from the bottom of our hearts.
2. Which three details from your wedding were your favorites?
1. Our “U” shaped table with 100 of our closest family and friends.
2. Our escort card display that had one perfect photo for each and every guest.
3. Our “backdrop” for where we said “I do.” Our “out-of-this-world” florist once again created a “structure,” which contained strings of test tubes hanging down, where our guests could place flowers. When our guests arrived, they came to a table where they could pick a flower, which had a tag pre-tied on it, and write a note, prayer, advice or anything they wished on it. They were able to stand where Derek and I were about to stand and place their flower.
3. Give us the one moment from your wedding day that you cannot stop thinking about.
Our “first look”–it was heavenly; it was the closest thing to perfection I have ever experienced; it was utter bliss. I actually had not been feeling well that day, so seeing Derek and being under HIS protection, care and comfort was better than any medicine or vitamin I could have ever consumed. Looking forward to that moment, while getting ready, was the only thing that helped me to overcome the sickness I felt, and it definitely did not disappoint. Those moments of calmness and peace. Well really, there are no words loud or big enough to capture the emotion, the joy and the excellence of the moment. As Jessi had told us the night before, “You built this rollercoaster, now is the time to get on and enjoy the ride.” It was the best ride of our lives, and it is only just the beginning.