Eileen & Sammy
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Q & A with the Bride:
1. What was the one thing about your venue that made you know it was the one?
I grew up a mile from that venue, and it had my favorite view in all of Virginia Beach.
2. Which three details from your wedding were your favorites?
1. The Ceremony – our parents participated in the ceremony, and each one gave us their own blessing in turn.
2. The Chinese Lion Dancers – it’s traditionally for a New Year’s celebration, but it just was a fun nod to my heritage. And what better way to start a new life!
3. Sammy’s Song – Sammy sang a song to me during our first dance. He picked my favorite ballad from the late, great Michael Jackson: “Ben.” But he changed the words so it was Eileen instead of Ben. It was so sweet and sentimental.
3. If you could offer one piece of advice for other couples planning their wedding, what would it be?
Celebrate! Over a hundred people are there to celebrate with you; you can do no less than oblige them by having fun on your big day.
4. Give us the one moment from your wedding that you can’t stop thinking about.
It would have to be Sammy’s song. He’s not a good singer, but he belted out MJ’s song like a pro.