Lillian & Ross
Simi Valley, California
Q & A with the Bride & Groom:
1. What was the one thing about your venue that made you know it was the one?
When we started looking at venues, we really didn’t know what we wanted. We knew we wanted an outdoor reception but wanted to be mindful of the comfort of our guests. When we got to Lost Canyons, we knew it was perfect for us. We both grew up watching (and loving) shows like “Little House on the Prairie” and “Bonanza.” Both shows had been filmed on the property and brought us right back to our childhood fantasies of running around like a cowboy/pioneer. The hills were absolutely gorgeous and made it feel like we were tucked away in the country. Even though it felt like we were secluded, we were still close enough to our ceremony site and hotels for our guests.
2. Which three details from your wedding were your favorites?
1. Our six ring bearers and two flower girls, all of whom are nieces and nephews. We loved having our family and friends be part of our wedding. The ring bearers all wore khakis and navy blazers with bowties and cowboy boots. The flower girls had custom-made tutu dresses with cowboy boots as well!
2. We had bins of sunglasses at the French doors leading out to the reception with a note to “Take a pair and enjoy the sunset.” It was fun to see all guests, from toddlers to our grandparents, wearing the sunglasses and rocking out on the dance floor.
3. Lillian: When we met in law school, I bribed Ross to come over for a study break by saying I had made Andes Mint Chocolate Cookies (my roommates actually made them and left me home to study while they went out). He didn’t find out I conned him into thinking I was such a great baker until years after we started dating. At the wedding, each guest had an Andes Mint Chocolate Cookie at their table setting. Ross and our mutual best friend from law school explained the relevance of the cookies during dinner. Everyone had a good laugh and shared in our “sweet beginning.”
3. Give us the one moment in your wedding day you can’t stop thinking about.
Ross: Right when the doors opened and Lillian walked down the aisle, the light poured in from the church doors behind her. It was the happiest moment of my life.