Photo: Mulberry Lane Studio
It’s a fact — weddings are expensive. That’s why this week on the blog, we’ll be sharing budget-savvy tips to help you cut costs without sacrificing style on your venue, dress, flowers, food, and drinks.
1. Have the ceremony and reception in one location - It will cut travel time for vendors you pay for per hour.
2. Skip saturday - Pick Friday or Sunday. Friday will allow you to extend your post-nuptial weekend, and Sunday will allow you to have a brunch reception.
3. Think off-season - You won’t have to deal with scorching temperatures and humidity from November to April.
4. Look for non-profits - Did you know that public parks, museums, and historic landmarks are all tax-deductible?
5. Use preferred vendors – Venues can recommended vendors that can give you the best value based on your budget.
6. Read your contract carefully - Make sure you understand what’s included and what’s not included.
7. Trim the guest list - Invite only the people who are most important to you and your parents, rather than everyone you know.