Johanna & Greg
Beacon, New York
Q & A with the Bride:
1. What was the one thing about your venue that made you know it was the one?
Our venue was a former mill that was being converted into an event space. When we first visited, it was just a shell of a building with a dirt floor, but we knew that it would be the perfect combination of industrial elegance that we were looking for. I loved the original brick walls, metal work, and large floor to ceiling windows that overlooked a stream and waterfall. I knew it would be a beautiful setting for our fall wedding.
2. Which three details from your wedding were your favorites?
1. Flowers – All I knew was that I wanted purple flowers and nothing too formal. My florist was amazing and just ran with that very little information. The bouquets and chuppah (wedding canopy) were beautiful and for the centerpieces we used a variety of vintage containers to make each table setting unique.
2. Ketubah – I was completely obsessed with our papercut Ketubah (wedding contract). I thought that it was even very similar to the lace on my gown. We now have it framed with spacers between each layer of the paper cut giving it a 3D effect. It’s beautiful!
3. Programs – I found the programs on Etsy, and I loved the mix of rustic brown paper with a purple hand-stitched binding. Our initials were stamped on the front.
3. Give us the one moment in your wedding day you can’t stop thinking about.
It has always been a lofty dream of mine to have fireworks at my wedding, even though I knew it was fairly unrealistic. Early on in the wedding planning process, I would joke with my fiancé and ask him if he was working on organizing the fireworks, getting the permits, etc. I knew it was highly unlikely, especially since we were getting married in an urban area, but I liked to give him a hard time. As the wedding approached though, I pretty much just forgot about it.
The wedding day was absolutely perfect. We had planned an after party at a bar nearby so that we could continue to celebrate with our friends. My husband and I lingered at the venue saying goodbye to all of our guests while the rest of our friends left to head over to the bar. It was to my complete surprise that when we finally arrived at the after party, all of our closest friends were lining the sidewalk each holding beautiful sparklers and cheering us on! It was the most romantic surprise ever! I couldn’t believe that Greg had actually pulled off having “fireworks” at my wedding and making my dream come true.