Chelsea & Bill
Q & A with the Bride:
1. What was the one thing about your venue that made you know it was the one?
It was the perfect combination of two things that made us love the venue. Most importantly, I’d say was being right on the water – the beautiful view of the river was captivating. (Sadly, we weren’t able to enjoy the outdoors as much as we would have liked due to the heavy rain that day.) The second thing was the rustic feel of the reception room – we loved the unique vaulted ceilings, chandeliers and antique wooden bar.
2. Which three details from your wedding were your favorites?
1. My bridesmaids wore different colored shoes, which were brought together by the floral arrangements
2. The centerpieces – many people collected clear and blue vases for us over the past year, so that we could have the eclectic, colorful arrangements I had imagined. My dad made the wood circles. And lastly, the table numbers were photos of Bill and I at that age.
3. The arbor – my dad made it with wood and wrought iron (his signature touch since he is a farrier/blacksmith). We love that we will be able to have this piece from our wedding day in our backyard.
3. Give us the one moment in your wedding day you can’t stop thinking about.
Our love story during the ceremony – our officiant, who is a romance novelist, wrote a “love story” from questionnaires we filled out, which basically told the history of our relationship. The story she created was amazing,and it made our guests laugh quite a bit. It epitomizes the atmosphere that we wanted for our wedding – thoughtful, personalized and fun.