Rachele & Michael
Charleston, South Carolina
Q & A with the Bride:
1. What was the one thing about your venue that made you know it was the one?
It wasn’t one thing, it was everything! The plantation was stunning, and the on-site event contact Jessica was incredibly sweet and available to help in any way she could.
2. Which three details from your wedding were your favorites?
1. Having the ceremony set outside on the Ashley River, under giant live oak trees draped with Spanish Moss. It was simply beautiful. It ended up starting to rain hard ten minutes before the ceremony was scheduled to start, but then after five minutes, it stopped, the sky cleared, and everything got quiet.
2. The relaxing feel of the entire week leading up to wedding (we spent that week at a beach house on isle of palms with both our immediate families together) as well as the intimate feel of the wedding itself. We only had 35 guests including the bridal party. Everyone there was incredibly special to us and we got to spend time with each guest!
3. The rustic, vintage, feel of the décor. We spent a lot of time formulating a simple, but chic vision and the outdoor lounge area, the dessert display framed by a collage of antique mirrors, and the chandeliers accented by hanging mason jars filled with flowers created that perfectly!
3. Give us the one moment in your wedding day you can’t stop thinking about.
For my husband, it is our first dance. We had taken a few dance lessons and had the teacher choreograph something so that people wouldn’t just be watching us sway back and forth for two minutes. He loved getting to display some hidden talents. My favorite moment was standing at the back of the lawn with my father waiting for our cue to walk down the aisle. I loved having that quiet opportunity to stand back observe the wedding and everyone dear to us before getting sucked up into it myself. It was like time stopped for a minute.