Doreen & Chad
Paso Robles, California
Q & A with the Bride:
1. What was the one thing about your venue that made you know it was the one?
When we first started dating, my first birthday present to Chad was a trip to Paso Robles to go wine tasting. We’ve been coming back to visit a few times each year ever since, so it felt just right to pick a venue in this beautiful area. We searched for dog-friendly venues online, and Hammersky was the first one we saw. It was love at first sight. We couldn’t have found a more magical place.
2. Which three details from your wedding were your favorites?
1. The Irish wedding bell bracelets that everyone wore to ring in our marriage and reflect Chad’s Irish heritage.
2. Since I’m German, we did a traditional cutting of the heart. My best friend handmade the heart, and it was so fun to cut it as the first task we had to complete as a married couple and have our family and friends there cheering us on
3. Having every one of our guests be a part of our day. Some created the bouquet and boutonnieres, some helped decorate, Chad’s best friend was our officiant. It just brought it all full circle.
3. Give us the one moment in your wedding you can’t stop thinking about.
We are so happy we did the first look. The moment of first seeing each other away from everyone was just so special, and it gave us time to calm down and connect before the ceremony and really remember it. Going down the aisle, I was a crying fool and barely remember it, but the first look moment is unforgettable.