Emma & Michael
Asheville, North Carolina
Q & A with the Bride:
1. What was the one thing about your venue that made you know it was the one?
Michael and I met at Western Carolina University and lived in Asheville for a few years before moving to Greenville, S.C. Having our wedding outdoors in the mountains was extremely important to us. Hidden River offered the ceremony and reception site all in one property on a semi-functioning farm surrounded by mountains. The natural beauty of Hidden River stole our hearts from the first visit; it was the only venue we visited.
2. Which three details from your wedding were your favorites?
1. I loved and slaved over making all of the fabric bouquets. I am an interior designer; I used old fabric memos for the flower rosettes. Making those was a labor of love knowing all of my bridesmaids can keep their bouquet as a memento after the wedding.
2. I loved the antique books placed on the tables as small centerpieces. Michael and I got engaged in the library at Western (it is a long story that drove this underlying theme to our invitations, save-the-dates and use of antique books as centerpieces). He chose the library to propose because four years earlier I had spotted him in the library a week before we official met and started dating.
3. The corn hole boards were a surprise collaborative gift from one of my bridesmaids and one of Michael’s groomsmen. Chris my bridesmaid built them, Jimmy and his wife Kristen painted them one gold and purple for Western Carolina and purple and orange for Clemson University (Michael is a huge fan of Clemson football). This was a very sweet and personal gift that added additional entertainment to guests at the reception.
3. Give us the one moment in your wedding day you can’t stop thinking about.
The moment I crossed the bridge to the ceremony site I felt like I was floating and needed to be caught by Michael when I reached the altar. It was such an overwhelming moment that I struggled to compose myself. It was a wonderful feeling to be so in the moment with love and happiness.