Blair & Jon
Q & A with the Bride:
1. What was the one thing about your venue that made you know it was the one?
When searching for a venue, there were two things we looked for: location and character. The library had both. Situated in the heart of Boston’s Back Bay area, the Boston Public Library is literally across the street from five hotels, 10 minutes from the airport and surrounded by amenities. Since many of our guests were coming from out of town, we loved the idea that they wouldn’t have to worry about transportation or logistics for the wedding.
In spite of its central location, the Boston Public Library also has this incredibly unique quality. The moment I walked in for the first time, I was blown away by the colors, architecture and sheer scale of the building. I loved that the venue spoke for itself rather than needing to be “dressed up.” Additionally, I had always wanted to be married outside, and the library’s courtyard made that possible. I could go on forever! It is honestly the most magical place in the entire world!
2. Which three details from your wedding were your favorites?
1. The welcome bags and maps for out-of-town guests
2. The lighting! Both inside and outside, the lighting made the entire day feel like a fairy tale.
3. My dress! (I had a complete love affair with it!)
3. If you could offer one piece of advice to other couples planning their wedding, what would it be?
If your wedding is on a Saturday, pretend it is on Thursday of that week. Even if you have to stay up all night Wednesday, try to have everything done by Thursday (place-cards, welcome baskets, programs, etc). This way, you can actually ENJOY the wedding weekend and get some sleep the two nights before the big day! I can’t tell you how amazing it was to be DONE by Thursday when my guests started arriving.
4. Give us the one moment from your wedding that you can’t stop thinking about.
I was dancing with Jon and all of our friends and suddenly one of the flower girls ran up and handed something to me. I looked down and realized it was a Skittle from the candy bar that was set up for guests at the base of the stairs. “Eat it!” she said. So, I did. I can’t tell you how strange/funny it was to be on the dance floor at our wedding, wearing a wedding dress and eating a Skittle. I can’t get that memory out of my head.