Jo Ellen & Chuck
Q & A with the Bride:
1. What was the one thing about your venue that made you know it was the one?
Chuck and I fell in love with Cedarwood when we first visited. We fell in love with the peaceful feeling it evoked, and the beautiful country landscape. Mooncake Lake was just the perfect place for our first look. We were both born and raised in Tennessee, and Cedarwood felt like home. It was elegant without being stuffy. The staff also played a major role. They were wonderful, creative, and professional and provided the one stop shop approach we were looking for.
2. Which three details from your wedding were your favorites?
1. The flowers and table setting — they were the perfect mixture of flowers we love, moss, succulents and natural elements.
2. The reception in the barn — a bluegrass trio that plays at a local coffee shop where we live played (they actually got married in the barn after our ceremony/before dinner), lovely food, and our signature drink GoGo Juice. Just walking back to greet our friends and family after we were married was a real moment for both of us. Our friends wrote greetings/words of wisdom on river stones and left them there for us and then tossed one in the river and made a wish for us. All just magical!
3. We decide not to go with a standard catered meal. We chose to have the meal grilled: steak, salmon, and chicken. The food smelled delicious cooking and the presentation was beautiful. It just felt like a home party — very comfortable. People told us it was the best steak they ever had!
3. Give us the one moment in your wedding day you can’t stop thinking about.
For both of us it was the first look. We chose to see each other before the wedding at MoonCake Lake, which is a beautiful little lake at the top of a hill at Cedarwood. Chuck stood on the dock overlooking the water wondering if I was walking up behind him. He kept asking Mary (photographer) if I was coming. For me walking upon him with such anticipation and excitement, I was thrilled to touch his shoulder, have him turn around and us finally see each other. The pictures were priceless and the moment, one we will never forget.