Recent Wedding Planning Posts
Photo by F/Stop Poetry
After you get engaged it can be daunting to figure out where to start. Fortunately, WeddingWire’s 5-Step Planning Guide will help you get organized to begin planning your wedding, stress-free. Want a sneak peek? Check out the five wedding planning steps we recommend:
- Announce Your Engagement - Share one of our Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Google+ – friendly badges with family and friends. Our favorites? “We’re Gettin’ hitched,” “I have a sparkly new accessory!,” and “Bridezilla to-be.”
- Set a Date - You’ve probably heard this question over and over since two minutes after you got engaged. “When’s the big day?” “Have you set a date?” Break out your calendar and figure out the season and date for your wedding celebration. Once you have that taken care of, receive a FREE personalized checklist to help you stay organized throughout the process.
- Create a Budget - Before you start searching for vendors, you’ll need to figure out how much you can spend on your wedding. Use our budget tool to manage your expenses, track spending, and set up payment schedules.
- Start Your Guest List - Are you going to have a big wedding with all of your nearest and dearest or a small and intimate one? While you don’t have to have your final guest list right away, you’ll still need an estimate in order to figure out your venue needs.
- Find Your Venue - Ballroom or beach? Barn or historic mansion? There are so many venues to choose from, so be sure to read our expert advice to figure out your venue style. And with WeddingWire’s vendor catalog, you can read newlywed reviews of venues near you to find the perfect place for your wedding celebration.
Want even more tips and advice about starting to plan your wedding? Visit WeddingWire’s 5-Step Planning Guide!
Ready for more? Click here to see what’s next!
Photo Courtesy of: Southern House & Garden
One of the first things you should check off your wedding to-do list is setting the date, obviously, but also finding your venue. Take a look at our favorites from the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, South, West, and Midwest; they’re bound to make your jaw drop!
Photo: Orchard Cove Photography
Remember how we said that you would most definitely run into some planning surprises, well you’ll also have some arguments with your soon-to-be spouse too. Sigh. From which type of venue (formal vs. casual) and budget to the guest list and music, our editors’ expert advice will help you solve the drama, so you can be all smiles the day of!
Photo: Amy Watson Photography
It’s safe to say, after you’ve slipped on that engagement ring, your brain is bound to be consumed with all things wedding-related until you’ve exited your reception and jetted off to tropical paradise for your honeymoon. That doesn’t mean you won’t run into any “oops” in between. Check out out top 10 list of surprises, so you can prepare now!
Creating your wedding website is one of the most important first steps of wedding planning – your wedding website sure to become your guests’ go-to source for all of your wedding information and details. And now, WeddingWire has made designing a personalized wedding website even easier with our revamped wedding website tool! Check out these exciting new features we’re sure you’ll love:
Mobile and Tablet Friendly: Each of our free wedding websites will be available in a new, stacked layout that’s easier to navigate on a mobile or tablet device for your guests on the go!
More Wedding Website Designs to Choose From: Whether your style is rustic, vintage, classic, glamorous, beachy or totally unique, we’ve got a gorgeous website design for you (yup, there are over 400 to choose from)! Don’t forget to personalize your website by customizing the colors and fonts to match your wedding theme and color palette. For an even more personalized site, you can use your engagement photo as a backdrop!
Better Website Editor: We’ve made it easier than ever to edit and update the text on your wedding website. You can even work on your website text behind the scenes and publish when you’re ready to share!
Ready to create your personalized wedding website? Get started by checking out our free wedding website templates here!