Not sure when you should be checking off all those wedding planning To Do’s? Not a problem! If you don’t know what should come first (securing your venues) and what can be done closer to the wedding date (favors and wedding bands), click through to our handy wedding planning timeline, which details a month-by-month breakdown of when you should be booking your vendors. There’s also several pieces of extremely useful advice embedded in there, so don’t forget to click on the light blue copy you see!
Recent Wedding Planning Posts
For engaged couples in Austin, the WeddingWire Sip & Plan event at Caffé Medici at The Austonian was the place to be on Thursday, January 29th! Wedding planner Johnell Huebner of Clearly Classy Events was at this lively event to answer attendees’ tough wedding planning questions.
“It was wonderful to chat about all things wedding planning—from save the dates to DJs, tricks to save money and where to spend,” says Beth Zerdecki, the WeddingWire Austin Community Lead. “It was one extremely informative evening!”
Check out the top five tips our wedding expert Johnell shared at this unique event:
- ”Don’t be afraid to ask! This is your wedding and it should represent you as a couple. Personalize it!”
- “[Wedding planning] starts with the venue! Once you have that secured, all the details and planning may begin.”
- “Please, please, please get a day-of coordinator, at a minimum! Don’t make your mother, aunt or photographer run around for you!”
- “How to get through planning your own wedding: plan for a weekend, take some time off, plan for another weekend, then take some time off. Divide your year of planning into the beginning, middle and end. Focus on your goals for each stage and let it go in between.”
- “Most importantly, keep it simple and do your own thing!”
Photo by Stephanie Dee Photography
What types of venues are the most popular? What about flowers, desserts, and color schemes? We asked couples who married in 2014 to share the details of their wedding with us, and we’re excited to share the results with you. Find out couples prefer ballrooms or barns, cupcakes or cookies, blue or pink, and more in our WinterBook – and visit our photo galleries to find even more great wedding inspiration!
Photo by Hopkins Studios
The music you choose for your wedding really sets the tone for the day. An expert DJ or band can assist you in creating a playlist that suits your style, but it really depends on your personal musical taste, and that of your spouse and guests. In our new WinterBook, we compiled a list of tips for creating your playlist, and also asked several music pros to provide some unique playlist ideas.
Photo by Summer Street Photography
For recently engaged couples who are ready to start planning, attending a wedding expo can be a great first step. You’ll be introduced to a wide range of wedding pros in your area and return home with lots of great goodies in tow! When it comes to getting the most out of a wedding expo, a little prep can go a long way. Check out these 13 insider tips and you’ll be good to go!